Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embarrassing, movie SouthPaw about left hand boxer, has him fighting Orthodox lol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
    Which is why documentaries > fictional movies. For me, Klitschko doc > Rocky series any day of the week.

Hollywood is supremely out of touch with reality. Off topic but one thing I hate about major movies is the main characters always have to win, especially when it comes to major American movies. It's why I love the ending of films the Mist, and Oldboy. Endings described as "cruel" by those who are so used to Hollywood bull****.

I do wish someone would make films out of mens journeymen like Ross Puritty, Ovill McKenzie, Henry Wharton (a traveller who gave Eubank, Benn, Reid hard nights). I personally believe their stories are the most interesting in boxing. Like Micky Ward.
    Movies are entertainment made to make you feel different emotions but ultimately make you feel good by the end. That's how they make money, viewers aren't going to be so willing to part with their cash if they leave the cinema feeling sad or depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyAssHair View Post
      what the hell does eminem have to do with anything he's not a boxer??

what the fcuk
      I thought the same thing.

How can a movie be made about the life of a rapper, except in the film he is a boxer?

Also, I think that boxing movies are usually pretty average because the real drama and unexpected that boxing brings is juxtaposed with the movie business where every wants a happy ending.

Boxing (like most sports) is best enjoyed live as an event, not done by actors...

Comment

Well what does anyone expect? Terrible Hollywood making garbage movies...same old same old. I wouldn't waste 2 hours watching that crap. Rocky movies were great for what they were and came out at a different time. They are classics good or bad. This is going to be total ****.

I also agree that with the white american guy thing. People need to understand that in America, certain things sell. Why do you think the UFC is so popular? There are a lot of good white guys in it thats why. It resonate with middle/suburban America. Boxing is a very ethnic sport, like soccer, which is why neither do well in America. Ironic part is boxing and soccer and basically the most popular sports in the world OUTSIDE America. Americans will accept sports that have great blacks, hispanics, etc. in it if there are whites who excel in equal note. For example, baseball or football. Americans love hockey and NASCAR too of course. The NBA isn't as popular because its dominated by blacks. Boxing is filled with people from all over the world with very few, if any, great white american fighters. As I said before, one day when the UFC is filled with mostly blacks and hispanics, it will lose its popularity.

I am a white guy and I see it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
          I also agree that with the white american guy thing. People need to understand that in America, certain things sell. Why do you think the UFC is so popular? There are a lot of good white guys in it thats why. It resonate with middle/suburban America. Boxing is a very ethnic sport, like soccer, which is why neither do well in America. Ironic part is boxing and soccer and basically the most popular sports in the world OUTSIDE America. Americans will accept sports that have great blacks, hispanics, etc. in it if there are whites who excel in equal note. For example, baseball or football. Americans love hockey and NASCAR too of course. The NBA isn't as popular because its dominated by blacks. Boxing is filled with people from all over the world with very few, if any, great white american fighters. As I said before, one day when the UFC is filled with mostly blacks and hispanics, it will lose its popularity.

It is very interesting that you see great white European fighters, but very rarely any from America in the modern era.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyAssHair View Post
            what the hell does eminem have to do with anything he's not a boxer??

what the fcuk
            When the movie was first announced years ago, it was supposed to star Eminem, a lot of the movie is written similar to Em's life, but in a boxing sense.

Its why the main character is a white southpaw, he is supposed to be rare, it similar to Eminem in the rap game.

"Phenomenal" also makes allusions to Eminem's own struggles and fight to rise where he is in the rap world, since a southpaw in boxing is comparable to being a white rapper, as Southpaw writer Kurt Sutter pointed out when the film was first announced.

Eminem was originally brought onboard in 2010 to star in Southpaw, which would have marked his first starring role since 8 Mile. However, the rapper decided to leave the film to concentrate on recording his The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Director Antoine Fuqua and Sutter then recruited Jake Gyllenhaal for the main role, and Eminem opted to executive produce the film's soundtrack, which will be released via his Shady Records.

"We have been involved in developing Southpaw since its inception, and Eminem has dedicated himself to ensuring that this film captured his passion for the project through his music," Shady Records president Paul Rosenberg told Billboard. "We've assembled a great soundtrack to accompany what's sure to be one of the finest boxing films ever."

"Phenomenal" isn't the first time Eminem has found inspiration in boxing: His 2010 album Recovery boasted a track titled "Cinderella Man," a reference to the Russell Crowe-starring history-based fight flick.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              When the movie was first announced years ago, it was supposed to star Eminem, a lot of the movie is written similar to Em's life, but in a boxing sense.

Its why the main character is a white southpaw, he is supposed to be rare, it similar to Eminem in the rap game.

"Phenomenal" also makes allusions to Eminem's own struggles and fight to rise where he is in the rap world, since a southpaw in boxing is comparable to being a white rapper, as Southpaw writer Kurt Sutter pointed out when the film was first announced.

Eminem was originally brought onboard in 2010 to star in Southpaw, which would have marked his first starring role since 8 Mile. However, the rapper decided to leave the film to concentrate on recording his The Marshall Mathers LP 2. Director Antoine Fuqua and Sutter then recruited Jake Gyllenhaal for the main role, and Eminem opted to executive produce the film's soundtrack, which will be released via his Shady Records.

"We have been involved in developing Southpaw since its inception, and Eminem has dedicated himself to ensuring that this film captured his passion for the project through his music," Shady Records president Paul Rosenberg told Billboard. "We've assembled a great soundtrack to accompany what's sure to be one of the finest boxing films ever."

"Phenomenal" isn't the first time Eminem has found inspiration in boxing: His 2010 album Recovery boasted a track titled "Cinderella Man," a reference to the Russell Crowe-starring history-based fight flick.
              Why not just make a film about Eminem then?

Oh, wait a minute that's already been done...

As a connection it does not make much sense to anyone who is not a fan of Eminem (I am BTW).

Comment

Well what does anyone expect? Terrible Hollywood making garbage movies...same old same old. I wouldn't waste 2 hours watching that crap. Rocky movies were great for what they were and came out at a different time. They are classics good or bad. This is going to be total ****.

NFL >>>>>>>>>>>>>> NHL + UFC + Nascar combined.

Just another out of touch white boy.

Comment

Pac should of taken Stallone's offer for him to act in a boxing movie about his life.

Need real boxers doing the fight scenes imo, otherwise its just laughable.

Comment

So tell me, racist white American guy, what do you think about Formula 1 racing?

BEST DRIVER IN THE WORLD TODAY. In some parts of the US, if he was driving himself to the track he would be pulled over for DWB.

My favourite non biographical boxing movie...

Comment

so was the movie any good?

Comment

Working...
                      X