No announcement yet.

Will SHOWTIME fire Paulie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
    Paulie did the same thing after his fight with Juan Diaz.

He just gets too emotional sometimes....
    You say emotional, but what did he say that wasn't true?

Comment

If Malignaggi is fired that is Showtime's loss. There is no way Hopkins can fill that void, only Roy Jones could and he is an HBO guy. Like they say, "the cream rises to the top" and Malignaggi's talent and realness will not be overlooked. Besides, the guy has made some money and I bet he could survive a few months out of a job until whatever mess he might get in gets settled.

Comment

Who is this sidebang they're talking about???? Anyone got pics of her?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          You say emotional, but what did he say that wasn't true?
          Yes most was true.

But sometimes you got to just let it go and keep it to yourself. Paulie has more fights left to make some $$$, he's under Goldenboy.

Paulie is Paulie I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
            Whether he gets fired or not, he spoke the truth. 117-111 is a terrible score card and looks very suspicious.
            117-111 for Broner is more realistic then 115-113 for Malignaggi

Dan Raphael had it 117-111 Steve Kim had it 116-112 and Kevin Iole had 117-111

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom
              malignaggi said a new York judge was in Al Haymon pocket he implied bribery he will be suspended by the commission and probably by showtime too
              Ill have to agree. Just like what happend to Juanma Lopez.

I saw Paulie winning the fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom
                malignaggi said a new York judge was in Al Haymon pocket he implied bribery he will be suspended by the commission and probably by showtime too
                Ill have to agree. Just like what happend to Juanma Lopez.

I saw Paulie winning the fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I certainly can't understand why would Jim Gray be bothered or any other person from Showtime by Paulie's comments.

Jim Gray came back with the stupidest comment by saying that bad judging is part of the sport, and even if Gray said the truth which Paulie acknowledged. It was stupid because Gray's intent was that Paulie shouldn't complain.

The fact is that Paulie wasn't complaining about the lost, because he acknowledged that it was a close fight. What Paulie wasn't happy with was the 117-111. Because even if he would have actually won the fight, there was a judge that wasn't going to see the fight in his favor.

Any fighter has a right to question a call if he thinks he did enough to win or the scores don't reflect what really happened. Jim Gray was just being Jim Gray and we all know what this guy is.

In the end, Showtime won't pull the plug on Paulie, they need the insight of somebody who dares to call it like it is. HBO had Merchant and now Max (at least sometimes calling it real) and ESPN has Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    117-111 for Broner is more realistic then 115-113 for Malignaggi

Dan Raphael had it 117-111 Steve Kim had it 116-112 and Kevin Iole had 117-111
                    I can see 116-112, but not really 117-111. Dan and Iole have had bad scores before so this wouldn't be an outlier.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
                      Who is this sidebang they're talking about???? Anyone got pics of her?
                      Nothing special..

http://larrybrownsports.com/gossip/a...corazon/193118

Comment

Working...
                      X