No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME Abril-Bogere + Undercard, RBR and Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
    Good point. 90% of people don't consider styles at all. Richard Abril is an awkward and slick technician. He's smart in the ring, and he keeps his composure. Obviously Broner has the advantage in handspeed and power, but Abril's a smart enough fighter that he could negate that.
    To me Broner vs Abril is more of a 50/50 fight. I might favor Abril, Broner is just so flat footed and all he does is walk people down that Idk how he would fair against Abril. He definitely isnt beating Vazquez like I said earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Abril is very slick and highly skilled when he actually throws punches. Defensively he's flawless, but offensively he needs to be busier because when he decided to throw he looked really good.

Broner vs Abril is the best fight that can happen at 135. Vazquez, Burns, Abril are 2A, 2B, and 2C at LW. After Burns-Vazquez that will eliminate one of them and it will be down to Broner vs Abril and the winner of Burns-Vazquez.

I def want to see how Broner will fight a tall, slick, accurate counterpuncher like Abril.
      Good post.

Abril's jab would be the key for him against Broner but the thing that would worry me if I was in Abril's corner is how often and cleanly he got hit by right hand counters from Bogere. If a wild fighter like Bogere can counter you it's not a good sign going into a fight against Broner.

Comment

• The Bogore guy was a bum. He just couldn't handle a taller fighter without lunging in with wild shots. The only thing he did decently was the jab to the midsection.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He absolutely is not flawless defensively.

He makes some very basic errors defensively at times.
          He's a very slippery, slick fighter who barely gets hit. The damage on his face were from headbutts. Otherwise Bogere landed 5-6 good punches on him through 12 rounds. That is flawless to me when you can use barely two hands to count meaningful punches landed on you.

Comment

• Rough fight, ridiculous ref. Glad to see Abril got the decision he deserved.

I'd favor Broner against Abril, but that's a tough, tough fight for him.

Comment

Working...
            X