Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eminem Vs Big L

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me how the **** did BDK fell off? Just what the **** am I reading here?

Comment

I like them both (RIP Big L - I live on the same street in Harlem as the mural). Their freestyles (REAL off the top of the dome, no pre-written material) are elite status. I hate hearing someone 'freestyle' and someone around them starts saying the rhyme with them.

I'd have to go with Em because he was all over the country going against cats early in his career. Nowadays he show up somewhere and these no talent suckas just lay down lol.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Eminem could have died after the MM LP, that Inifinite, and SS LP are where his legacy is for me. All that other crap he came out with afterward does not sit well with me.
        Yup. Encore truly fucked up his legacy. He could've been a top 10 rapper.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza305 View Post
          Can someone tell me how the **** did BDK fell off? Just what the **** am I reading here?
          bdk hasn't dropped a decent album since late eighties, early nineties.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            Cant believe im actually reading that first paragraph. Chock full of wrong.

Sounds like an arbritrary diss imo. Nobody "dug up" big l and big l most defo wasnt propped up by the "hipsters" of rap. That's fukn preposterous. Big L was in one of the best collectives of all times for a reason.

Big L clearly got by on his talent.
            I'm not saying he wasn't talented, I'm saying that barely anybody outside of New York knew who the **** he was until long after his death. Which is common in popular music - Any artist that dies is instantly dug up and given ATG status regardless.

I see a lot of 'would've' and 'could've' in regards to Big L but the fact of the matter is that he didn't.

Truth hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
              Which is pretty much when he started out.

First 2 were great, then he fell off.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                Seriously?!

On that track? I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
                  He belongs to his era. He can still write a dope verse but the times passed him by. Not very many Rappers from that era manged to stay relevant beyond the early 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                    He belongs to his era. He can still write a dope verse but the times passed him by. Not very many Rappers from that era manged to stay relevant beyond the early 90's.
                    No argument here. That's why I call Rakim the greatest of all time.

Kane and G Rap along with Rakim were innovators of east coast hip hop. They brought the grime as well as the clever word play and, to me, a certain level of genius to music.

Comment

Every time I think I want to try to listen to am Eminem track I turn it on and then give up after about a minute.

Comment

Working...
                      X