No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Notebook: Mayweather, K9 a Good Fit, Kirkland Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Notebook: Mayweather, K9 a Good Fit, Kirkland Update

Since the May 5th twelve round decision victory over Miguel Cotto, WBA junior middleweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) has been keeping a low profile when it comes to disclosing information regarding his next appearance in the ring.

Mayweather is rumored to be returning in the first half of 2013. Richard Schaefer, CEO for Golden Boy Promotions, works closely with Mayweather and his team.

Golden Boy and Team Mayweather have discussed some possibilities - but Schaefer, like Mayweather, is keeping a tight lid on the possible scenarios. [Click Here To Read More]

Would love to see Floyd v Canelo in May with maybe a tune-up in feb but knowing Floyd he'l sit it out until the May date.

Comment

Floyd vs Martinez is the only sensible idea. Evyone wants that fight.

Comment

For a second I thought they were hinting at Mayweather-Kirkland.

Comment

I just want Kirkland to get back in the ring. A Bundrage fight would be good for Kirkland.

I want Floyd to fight twice next year. Manny Pacquiao in the Spring, and than plenty of options possibly for the second half of 2013. Will it happen like that....probably not.

Comment

Mayweather Jr. Vs. Canelo would be a big money draw. Pacquiao vs. Mayweather has lost it's fire.

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
              Mayweather Jr. Vs. Canelo would be a big money draw. Pacquiao vs. Mayweather has lost it's fire.
              I agree with you man, Floyd/Pac lost it's fire to me a long time ago...I would love to see the fight but at this point I could care less if it ever happens. I'd prefer Canelo/Martinez/Cotto to go at it..Floyd is an a$$ that thinks the world has to wait for him.

Comment

K9 does not "fight anybody", he's looking specifically for Canelo and avoided Lara. Hopefully, Rosado gets to him first. But GBP might try to force him into a contract.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Canelo fights Mayweather..... I'm actually expecting him to fight Guerrero or Berto

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    I just want Kirkland to get back in the ring. A Bundrage fight would be good for Kirkland.

I want Floyd to fight twice next year. Manny Pacquiao in the Spring, and than plenty of options possibly for the second half of 2013. Will it happen like that....probably not.
                    My wish too.

That said, I think K9 is an excellent investment for GBP because they can have a weak beltholder to make an in-house fight to transfer that belt to a better fighter they already have, plus he can then be cannon fodder for all the aformentioned guys stacked across those three divisions.

Comment

Working...
                    X