No announcement yet.

Never Let It Be Said That I Didn't Come To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Let It Be Said That I Didn't Come To Fight

The Surgeon was partly correct of his assertion that it was the little trolls that were bothering me. But moreso it was the lack of any common descencey, integrity and class that was displayed by this person. It's become common place on the Scene and it just grows tiresome.

So this is the internet. Having revealed that I was a pro fighter back in the day has brought me alot of flack from certain people on the forum. Trying to make fun of me because I left the sport in the early days. Implying that having never won a title that I was **** or maybe the "the most Rockin' ever fought for was a samwich" line. It's a cute line, the samich comment, I fought for much more.

I fought for pride, self dignity and respect. Many fights I won, many sparring sessions I completely dominated. Aswell, there were fights that I lost and sparring sessions that left me battered. But I always showed up the next day to do it again.

My first pro fight on was on a card that was broadcast in 6 countries around the world. My next fight was at a stadium as was the bout that followed and that was televised nationally. They don't give television spots such as these to out clowns, I spent my youth learning a trade of violence and I learned it well. I earned those spots.

In my 2nd fight as a professional I made $1800 for 4 rounds, not much really but when you must consider that many fighters were bringing in $1500 for fighting 10 rounds. That was good money back then, enough to buy my self a ton of samwiches if I pleased.

I fought for pride, self dignity and respect. The trophies and money were just after thoughts.

............Rockin

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    The Surgeon was partly correct of his assertion that it was the little trolls that were bothering me. But moreso it was the lack of any common descencey, integrity and class that was displayed by this person. It's become common place on the Scene and it just grows tiresome.

So this is the internet. Having revealed that I was a pro fighter back in the day has brought me alot of flack from certain people on the forum. Trying to make fun of me because I left the sport in the early days. Implying that having never won a title that I was **** or maybe the "the most Rockin' ever fought for was a samwich" line. It's a cute line, the samich comment, I fought for much more.

I fought for pride, self dignity and respect. Many fights I won, many sparring sessions I completely dominated. Aswell, there were fights that I lost and sparring sessions that left me battered. But I always showed up the next day to do it again.

My first pro fight on was on a card that was broadcast in 6 countries around the world. My next fight was at a stadium as was the bout that followed and that was televised nationally. They don't give television spots such as these to out clowns, I spent my youth learning a trade of violence and I learned it well. I earned those spots.

In my 2nd fight as a professional I made $1800 for 4 rounds, not much really but when you must consider that many fighters were bringing in $1500 for fighting 10 rounds. That was good money back then, enough to buy my self a ton of samwiches if I pleased.

I fought for pride, self dignity and respect. The trophies and money were just after thoughts.

............Rockin
    Pleased to meet you mate, I can't understand people knocking a fighter they don't know. That's armchair critics for you, I for one take my hat off to you. Hope to see you around, there are some very good posters to make up for the trolls.

Comment

Respect to you Rockin'. I'm a contributing member to the pro fight game, and anyone who has the cahones to step into the ring, even if for only a sammich, has my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

............Rockin
        Well Rockin we once had a keyboard scuffle and we were both pretty harsh. No hard feelins here bud. In all honesty I would still like to see you fight. Hit me with a link or somethin.

Comment

Rockin' ain't nothing to **** with.

Comment

Any vids of your fights? Are you on boxrec?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Rockin' ain't nothing to **** with.
              Why would people have a go at you for retiring from the ring, you have everything to be proud of don't let these morons irritate you. Repsect to you.

If you don't mind me asking how long ago was it you were a pro?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Why would people have a go at you for retiring from the ring, you have everything to be proud of don't let these morons irritate you. Repsect to you.

If you don't mind me asking how long ago was it you were a pro?
                my last fight was in 1999 or 2000...........Rockin'

Comment

No records?

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                    Any vids of your fights? Are you on boxrec?

i did some detective work
                    and i'm 99% sure i figured out who he is on the boxrec.

i wont give out my guess unless he's willing to put up a link

rockin' might know more about the act of boxing than anybody else on this website

Comment

Working...
                    X