Bowe dec
    8.33%
    Bowe stopage
    20.83%
    liston dec
    16.67%
    liston stopage
    54.17%

Bowe has his moments but he was so easy to hit I figure he ends up taking a bad beating over the long haul and the ref has to step in sometime in the late rounds.

Poet

Comment

they r both ugly

but liston stops bowe

Comment

Bowe is on the end of the strongest jab in history for the first four or five rounds. When Liston establishes both range and rythm, he will use jab straight combinations and jab-hook combinations. After the ninth, bowe is tired and fading fast while Liston is both unharmed and has energy left. He will rain hell on bowe for the remainder of the fight. Until the ref stops or it or the last bell rings.

Liston was VERY cautious in the ring so I'm going Liston by decision.

Comment

Damn, I accidentally clicked bowe stoppage. fml

Comment

I give Bowe a good chance by decision. The thread starter said 'at their absolute best'.......and the Bowe which faced Holyfield first time was frankly a superb heavyweight who ticked all the boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
              I give Bowe a good chance by decision. The thread starter said 'at their absolute best'.......and the Bowe which faced Holyfield first time was frankly a superb heavyweight who ticked all the boxes.
              He got tagged all the time by Holyfield, Liston who is a stronger puncher and just as accurate would make Bowe crash on the matt.

Comment

I dont think u can have a defence like Bowe's and expect to beat a puncher like Liston. Sonny would smash him up with the long hard jab for a few rounds before a puffed up bloody Bowe got knocked out with smashing hooks and crosses around the 7th

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  He got tagged all the time by Holyfield, Liston who is a stronger puncher and just as accurate would make Bowe crash on the matt.
                  True, Liston hit a fair bit heavier than Holyfield, but not as fast or with Holy's workrate. The size differential would look pretty similar and Bowe would, I'm sure have little problems connecting with Liston. Bowe had excellent power himself.

Bowe's chin was pretty damn solid too. Its a tough ask for sure, but I think I'd be tempted to pick the Bowe from Holyfield 1 over the Liston that beat Cleveland Williams both times.

Comment

Bowe's bravery would be his worst enemy here. Liston would land an appalling number of heavy shots whilst Bowe struggles to get his game going. Even in prime condition this fight would spell the end of his career (and his good health).

Comment

Working...
                    X