No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
    The problem is that I don't really feel like I'm a master of a guild. The quests are ''meh''. In Oblivion you had to rise through the ranks while there was a sub-plot which slowly dragged you in as you played.

- Mages Guild: Mannimarco and the necromancer threat.
    - Fighter's Guild: Blackwood Company and the drugs they gave new recruits to make them vicious
    - Dark Brotherhood: Paranoia, lack of trust among killers and the spy threat
    - Thives Guild: The romantic robin hood story

Skyrim Companions guild is about eh... hunting an escaped animal while coming to terms with Being a werewolf. Then you have to kill werewolf hunters who're afraid that you might eat innocent people :S

Skyrim is stunning, gameplay is fluent, but the quests lack creativity and characters desperately needs to be fleshed out a bit. Character development have never been Bethesda's strong point. ''Oh, you got Mara's Amulet on, you wanna get married stranger?'' - Sure!

Oblivion > Skyrim, but it's still a great game I think and possibly still the best this year. I'm still gonna put countless more hours into Skyrim but that being said.... Bring on ME3
    There are a lot of creative quests in Skyrim, they just seem to be exclusively in the side quests. The daedric dog, getting drunk and having to figure out what the f*** you did that night, the conspiracy in Markarth, the Sheogorath quest, the killer in Windhelm, etc...

Those quests are definitely there, I haven't done any of the guilds yet though and it's unfortunate that those quests seem to be boring. My brother said the Companions guild was boring too.

Comment

• Morrowind >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:/

Comment

• Just finished the main quest. Not gonna give any spoilers but I will in general say 3 things.

1. Very dissapointed.
        2. No-one in the world gives a ****, that you just saved Skyrim
        3. It's very short and ends abrupt

Please, anyone else who finish the main quest let me know what you guys think.....

Comment

• What do you guys make of archery?

I'm thinking of making a woodelf in a few weeks and make him a beast archer/stealth.

Probably boost some magic like conjuring or something.

Skill shots on youtube have inspired me.

Comment

• decent game, way overrated though

started it a week ago

Comment

• Originally posted by dj emzz View Post
              What do you guys make of archery?

I'm thinking of making a woodelf in a few weeks and make him a beast archer/stealth.

Probably boost some magic like conjuring or something.

Skill shots on youtube have inspired me.
              Just do what this man have done and 1-shot things on expert-master level

Did a similar thing except added poisons and fire-enchantments. Basicly does 200+ damage and an armor rating on 1100. Game is kinda broken for me right now but it isn't cheating and takes awhile to reach this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                Just finished the main quest. Not gonna give any spoilers but I will in general say 3 things.

1. Very dissapointed.
                2. No-one in the world gives a ****, that you just saved Skyrim
                3. It's very short and ends abrupt

Please, anyone else who finish the main quest let me know what you guys think.....
                Really bad. That's all I can say without giving stuff away.

Comment

• To me, it feels more like the war is more the main storyline. (That was also crap)

Comment

• Spoilers

Yeah the ending is so underwhelming to the point that I actually didn’t realize that was the end I just kind of waited at the top of the mountain for a while for someone like the Blades or Gray beards to come and thank me........ nothing

Went down to Whiterun expecting the people to at least acknowledge the fact that I saved the world from a God-like Dragon....nope

I get some guard telling me I smell like a wet dog and another saying something about he can’t believe how I captured a dragon and then let it go.... I rode the ****ing dragon to Sovengard to save the world!!!! FFs.

I go see the Jarl of Whiterun his normal dialog options appear no thanks no badass weapon or armour for saving the world nothing at this point I’m getting a little pissed of with the game.

I walk back outside another guard says to my Nord warrior who never stole a thing in his life ‘’Keep your hands to yourself sneak thief’’.

At this point i decide to massacre the whole town full of ungrateful bastards and turn off my console.
                    Last edited by -Lowkey-; 11-29-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                      Yeah the ending is so underwhelming to the point that I actually didn’t realize that was the end I just kind of waited at the top of the mountain for a while for someone like the Blades or Gray beards to come and thank me........ nothing

Went down to Whiterun expecting the people to at least acknowledge the fact that I saved the world from a God-like Dragon....nope

I get some guard telling me I smell like a wet dog and another saying something about he can’t believe how I captured a dragon and then let it go.... I rode the ****ing dragon to Sovengard to save the world!!!! FFs.

I go see the Jarl of Whiterun his normal dialog options appear no thanks no badass weapon or armour for saving the world nothing at this point I’m getting a little pissed of with the game.

I walk back outside another guard says to my Nord warrior who never stole a thing in his life ‘’Keep your hands to yourself sneak thief’’.

At this point i decide to massacre the whole town full of ungrateful bastards and turn off my console.
                      I had a guard tell me ''What's the matter, someone stole your sweetroll'' after a fail attempt at some recognizition from the Jarl of Whiterun.

The Jarl of Whiterun is part of the Dragon quest from the start, you'd think he had SOMETHING to say. A captured dragon was just caught in his keep.. But no.. No loot, no Reward, no titles and no-one in Skyrim gives a shit that you saved the world from an ancient treat.

there's still random dragon attacks - Atleast the oblivion gates closed once you finished the main quest, yes? Not Skyrim though... Not sure what the point of it all was, really

Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim

They need some better writers!

Comment

Working...
                      X