Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alfonso Gomez Interested in Saul Alvarez, Not Castillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canelo was to big for cotto although jose rocked him in the second round.gomez is bigger than cotto.this would be a good fight.

Comment

Why are people still talking about this jobber?

Comment

Goldenboy needs to give Canelo a few more lightweights, before having him fight anyone in his weight class. If Cotto could hurt him, I'm sure Gomez would put a hurtin on him.

Comment

People Want Alvarez vs Gomez

We all love to see a good fight and this would be one. Alfonso is in his prime years and needs a win to move forward toward bigger fights. Alvarez wants to keep that 0 in his loss column, and has youth going for him.

Let's do this fight Golden Boy and Top Rank. Gary Gittleson, Freddie Roach always says give the people the fight they want- Manny and Floyd, for exampl - so here is the fight people want. Let's do it!!!

Irish Ed

Comment

alfonso will beat canelo... he has experience and can take a hit...

Comment

Gomez has now retired two of the sports greatest warriors, Gatti and Castillo. Personally, I think Saul Alvarez would make Gomez fight (which neither Gatti or Castillo did) and then we will finally know what each other are made of. I think this is a decent Shobox or Boxing After Dark fight....

Comment

Lmaooo are you serious alfonso would the dummest match for canelo that guy is washed up he should retire Miguel cotto made him look like a rookie he's garbage canelo would destroy Alfonso

Comment

The Intemperance of Youth

Originally posted by youngg1201 View Post
                  Lmaooo are you serious alfonso would the dummest match for canelo that guy is washed up he should retire Miguel cotto made him look like a rookie he's garbage canelo would destroy Alfonso
                  There isn't an athlete or team that has made it to the top and put everything on the line that didn't have an off night. I was at the weigh-in and could tell Alfonso wasn't himself. No excuses but things happen.

I would suggest that you consider the total record not picking the worst fight on which to make your choice. I imagine you just prefer Canelo and that is find, but that kid makes ton sof mistakes when boxing and ALfonso would expose them. That is why Chavez ducked Alfonso and now Canelo is dicking him.

No guts, no glory- come on Saul let's glove it up after this fight and do it in September or November.

Irish Ed

Comment

The Irish fighter takes the Mexican.

Comment

Working...
                    X