Roach Wants Cotto Disqualified If...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HollaHolla View Post
    Roach is gettin scared haha.
    Guys, Cotto is a respectable fighter and so is Manny. It's basic common sense that when a man's "bread and butter" is the left hook to the body, he's going to land low blows. The only fight that I thought it might be questionable was the Judah fight because they always seemed to happen at "convenient" times for Cotto. Other than that, what history does he have of resorting to consistent low blows?

P.S. I was irritated after the Judah fight, because I like Zab and I thought he worked his ass off and fought with heart, and did every single thing he could possible do to win the fight. Cotto is a warrior, though.

Comment

Originally posted by iHateThePacMan View Post
      Just to be fair Cotto lands alot of low blows- that's a fact theres no way aroudn it.

Just make the fight even i bet nobody wants a reincarnation of andrew golota.
      You certainly don't think Cotto would take the Golota route and throw low blows intentionally to be disqualified do you? Low blows, head butts, elbows, and believe it or not thumbs still, are all part of the game, part of the fight. Cotto would never foul intentionally in an attempt to get out of the fight, maybe to add additional damage to someone he may, but not to get out of a fight. But it's all part of being a fighter. Roach of all people should know this.

Comment

Sounds like Freddie's worried that Pac Won't be able to handle the body shots. Some interesting gamesmanship.

Comment

roach come on man..this is getting sad..an automatic dq???

Comment

I don't think I read the disqualifying on the first low blow aspect of this on the BoxingScene story. That is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Sounds like Freddie's worried that Pac Won't be able to handle the body shots. Some interesting gamesmanship.

DAZED,

you know what this whole thing is about? Freddie's gonna go into that meeting asking for an automatic DQ if a deliberate low blow occurs....he probably knows he wont get that but i dont think that's his true motive..

the board will tell him that they'll keep a close eye on low blows and that they'll keep his recommendation in mind

the chosen ref is then forced to watch for low blows....roach wins

you start higher than what you're REALLY aiming for

Comment

I smell *****, is that you Roach?? , I smell *****, is that you Pac!!! Its Roach
                ****ing nridiculous , everybody exagerates over the low blows with Cotto , and Roach is ****ing scared , he sees miguel more focused than ever , hungrier than ever , and with some slight advantages , he knows he should be scared , first time for his fighter testing the ww heavy hands , who wouldnt be scared!!!

Comment

Did pac really got drop in sparing?

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    DAZED,

you know what this whole thing is about? Freddie's gonna go into that meeting asking for an automatic DQ if a deliberate low blow occurs....he probably knows he wont get that but i dont think that's his true motive..

the board will tell him that they'll keep a close eye on low blows and that they'll keep his recommendation in mind

It is a good strategy to get what he really wants , to keep it a clean fight , he will get a clean fight man , Cotto is not a dirty fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                      DAZED,

Agree 100%. That's obviously the plan although I suspect Cotto isn't going to give a ****. This fight is going to be SICK.

Comment

Working...
                      X