Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Rigo and GGG(GOLOVKIN) highly regarded by posters yet Canelo is criticized?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleast stop trying to build up sympathy for Canelo...if he wants respect then let him fukin earn it in the ring

Neither GGG or Rigondeaux are over protected fighters, both are the ones that top contenders are avoiding while Canelo does the complete opposite

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Sturm (the #2 MW at the time) was avoiding Golovkin like the plague. He didn't even accept GGG's offer for a title shot after he lost to Geale, and we all know that Golovkin would have no problem traveling to Germany to fight either.

Golovkin/Rigondeaux are gradually becoming popular because the top guys in their division would rather pretend like they don't exist. Not only that, but they are talented and have extensive amateur experience. Golovkin's style is much more accessible than Rigo's, but even then, Rigo was able to get a title shot in 9 fights.

Take the title off Canelo and I wouldn't criticize GBP's matchmaking as much.
      If this was the case then Canelo would have far less negativity attached to himself. Facts are Canelo has been pampered from day 1 since being affiliated with Golden Boy.

I really could not believe it when they mentioned Canelo-Trout is actually being signed off, lol.
      Last edited by artfuL_; 01-02-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Neither (GGG,Rigo) has been protected (Canelo).....

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          I was never anti Rigo, just thought some of the Cubans came on a bit strong with the Rigo hype, you in particular. And Donaire regularly gets disrespected. But, I've always thought Donaire was a bit of a whiner, and he's doing just that when Rigo gets brought up. IMO Donaire wins, but will be made to look stupid at times, and maybe that bothers him.
          Yeap..I think the same...I m sorry if I been intense..was not my goal..I recognize that I get intense in the way of make my points...but it make me mad how some Donaire fans try to cover it by trashing Rigo's rushed and hard boxing career..I think Donaire is spetial fighter but he wants to please the ppl to much...he can't be afraid of Rigo..he is a fighter..fightrr who fight like him are not afraid of men..but he seems to avoid Rigo...I think he will love to fight Rigo..but I think he know that Rigo never attack..His game is based in timing in and out with fast hands...Donaire will have to start..Rigo don't make mistakes when he know he can't do them..Donaire can rush him like crazy cuz Rigo is very sharp and have great power and a wicked body attack...Donaire gonna have to chose his punches and that is not fan friendly..at least for the casual fan..even if he win he won't look good doing it...I will love to watch that...it will be awesome...

Comment

It is true all those guys have a lot to prove in the sport, Canelo gets criticized because he is more well known and is a youngster who hasn't paid his dues.

Both Golovkin and Rigondeaux do get a bit of a pass but most of it comes down to the fact they do not create strong feelings in people and both are old for up and comers so while they may in fact be better fighters they don't cause the same stir because their shelf life is already limited. Also people feel these two guys want to prove them selves, while they don't get that feeling from Canelo now people are certainly free to feel that way but that is filling in a lot of the picture with your own crayons~

Comment

Thats not the case.

Most the people who support Rigo and GGG also support Canelo.

We do because we are not blinded by paper titles and hyped up wins. We see fighters for their skill, and potential, not their accomplishments.

Rigo, GGG, and Canelo are all incredibly skilled fighters with enormous potential.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                It is true all those guys have a lot to prove in the sport, Canelo gets criticized because he is more well known and is a youngster who hasn't paid his dues.

Both Golovkin and Rigondeaux do get a bit of a pass but most of it comes down to the fact they do not create strong feelings in people and both are old for up and comers so while they may in fact be better fighters they don't cause the same stir because their shelf life is already limited. Also people feel these two guys want to prove them selves, while they don't get that feeling from Canelo now people are certainly free to feel that way but that is filling in a lot of the picture with your own crayons~
                This is larry who signed with another account..lol..Rigo has a lot to prove and with 11 fights he alredy defeated two world champions..his opponents have an record of 253-58-11 is ranked # 1 in his own division..the only way to climb in the rank for him is defeat p4p # 5..

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                  This thread is a joke...lol...lol...maybe because they fight ppl from his own division...lol..
                  Isn't GGG a middleweight who is facing a 154 pounder in his next fight?

Rigo is overrated by casual fans because of his amateur career. As a professional he hasn't fought anyone of note really.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post

Rigo is overrated by casual fans because of his amateur career. As a professional he hasn't fought anyone of note really.
                    This is an example of what we been talking about...

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post

Casual fans don't know Rigo exist...

Comment

Working...
                      X