Jon Jones: I'm Alistair Overeem with better wrestling, better jiu-jitsu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hope to see shogun bring this smug kid back down to reality

Comment

Jones is delusional. I wanted Shogun to win this fight. I hope he completely and utterly annihilates this idiot in the first round now

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP]Kirby View Post
        Yes, he is exactly like Alistair Overeem back in Pride.
        No he's not.

He's implying his striking is equal to Overeem's. It's not. Not even close

He said he had better BJJ. He doesn't. Overeem won the ADCC European Qualifiers. What has Jones done? He subbed Jake Obriend and Bader. LOLZ

He said he's stronger. Even Overeem at 205 is stronger than Jones.

He said he's taller. He's not

All he has is wrestling and reach and being Overeem is light years beyond him in striking, it doesn't mean jack ****.

Comment

Originally posted by snakey112 View Post
          hope to see shogun bring this smug kid back down to reality
          Jones is simply projecting confidence. He was practically thrust into the spotlight when they offered him the fight on the spot on live TV.

If he had punked out, the crowd and fans would've pussified him.

He's got a big task ahead of him. That of dethroning the LHW king.
          He's going to need all the confidence he can muster.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
            Hopefully we'll see this year. Now that Zuffa owns strikeforce, you think they are going to let Ubereem continue to fight K-1?
            They won't let him compete in Dream or K1 which is why he shouldn't resign with the UFC after the HW tournament is over and fight overseas.

If he goes to the UFC it will be a waste, they fight once or twice per year MAX over there, Overeem had 8 fights in 1 year that's why he's always in shape and ripped unlike Brock who is 300 pounds of fat and cuts to 265 once/twice per year.

Comment

All he seems to be saying is that he's better now than Overeem was then.

Considering that a lot of posters here often say that Overeem's losses were mostly down to cutting so much weight that he wasn't that effective at 205, I don't think there's anything wrong with Jones' comments.

I do think he's wrong about having better BJJ than Overeem though, whether he means the 205 version or the heavyweight version. IIRC, I think Overeem has more submission wins than Jones has fights.

Comment

Working...
              X