No announcement yet.

Eubank looking awful in America!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
    Ray Close comes to mind but i havent seen either fight since they happened live, and i was young and cheering on Close
    I havent seen either of those fights either. I remember Eubank doing his 8 fights for Sky, but by that time I had lost interest. I have since watched his first fight with Collins, Calzaghe and both Thompson fights, all where great fights, shame he lost most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      it appears the gift decisions started early for eubank and never seemed to stop.
      You seem to have a disdain for all English fighters..

Comment

I think he lost against Schommer, that's about it.

He beat Watson by a long slide as far as I'm concerned, in their first fight. Judges got that wrong in making it so close! Beautiful boxing from him in the first 4 rounds, took the 5th well, masterful defensive boxing to take the 7th and extremely smart boxing to take the 10th. The 9th and 11th were Eubank's on workrate and arguably the 6th and 12th, on workrate, too.

The next close full-distance bout after Canty was against Tony Thornton, in which Thornton sweeped all the middle rounds and arguably the last couple on workrate alone. Though Eubank looked sharper than ever early on -weird one.

The Benn II fight, Nigel didn't do near enough quantity of clean offensive work from mid and long range. Just a handful of decent punches scattered throughout the 36 minutes. Thought Eubank cruised the first 3 rounds, nicked the 5th and 6th with punching and 9th and 11th with jabbing. Benn also had a point taken off for fouls and was laying on the ropes in the last round.

Against Schommer, Eubank lost clearly and by far! He just could not deal with the southpaw stance, let alone the lack of initiation from Schommer (Eubank never looked comfortable initiating). Combine that with altitude and being weight-drained, and you had a very poor performance from Chris in which he was picked off left, right and centre all evening long.

Comment

Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
          What fights do you have in mind? I remember thinking he should of lost Benn II and Watson I. On the other side I think he should of won Thompson I
          watson I, Benn II, sherry, malinga, thornton, close I,close II, amaral costa, schommer, and this fight vs a bum. some of these are outright robberies and some are close fights that he probaby should have lost but was still given the decision.

best part about eubank is how he cherished his unbeaten record and talked about it nonstop but he got schooled in his 5th pro fight. it was all a lie.

Comment

Eubank was quite poor in both fights with Close, stiff single shots to Close's soft little clusters. Eubank was clearly superior and hadn't taken Close seriously either time, as if he couldn't get motivated in training for Ray, because his offensive timing and defensive reactions were just off. But he still rightly won (/should've won) the fights with strength and assurance, and some accuracy in the first one. Thought a draw was abit cheeky in the first, Eubank cruising early on and dropping him heavily late on.

Comment

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
              I think he lost against Schommer, that's about it.

He beat Watson by a long slide as far as I'm concerned, in their first fight. Judges got that wrong in making it so close! Beautiful boxing from him in the first 4 rounds, took the 5th well, masterful defensive boxing to take the 7th and extremely smart boxing to take the 10th. The 9th and 11th were Eubank's on workrate and arguably the 6th and 12th, on workrate, too.

The next close full-distance bout after Canty was against Tony Thornton, in which Thornton sweeped all the middle rounds and arguably the last couple on workrate alone. Though Eubank looked sharper than ever early on -weird one.

The Benn II fight, Nigel didn't do near enough quantity of clean offensive work from mid and long range. Just a handful of decent punches scattered throughout the 36 minutes. Thought Eubank cruised the first 3 rounds, nicked the 5th and 6th with punching and 9th and 11th with jabbing. Benn also had a point taken off for fouls and was laying on the ropes in the last round.

Against Schommer, Eubank lost clearly and by far! He just could not deal with the southpaw stance, let alone the lack of initiation from Schommer (Eubank never looked comfortable initiating). Combine that with altitude and being weight-drained, and you had a very poor performance from Chris in which he was picked off left, right and centre all evening long.
              Good post, I lost interest in Chirs career after Benn, he seemed content to throw single shots instead of combinations, kind of like Floyd

Comment

watson I, Benn II, sherry, malinga, thornton, close I,close II, amaral costa, schommer, and this fight vs a bum. some of these are outright robberies and some are close fights that he probaby should have lost but was still given the decision.

best part about eubank is how he cherished his unbeaten record and talked about it nonstop but he got schooled in his 5th pro fight. it was all a lie.
                Sherry is arguable (even though he just ran and pranced about, did Sherry), Malinga not at all - beat him quite easily even with his head elsewhere. Amaral? I thought he coasted personally, though many ringside thought he lost at the time.

Comment

Wow, youve watched much more Eubank fights then me, were you ever a Fan?

Comment

Originally posted by coghaugen View Post
                    Eubank was quite poor in both fights with Close, stiff single shots to Close's soft little clusters. Eubank was clearly superior and hadn't taken Close seriously either time, as if he couldn't get motivated in training for Ray, because his offensive timing and defensive reactions were just off. But he still rightly won (/should've won) the fights with strength and assurance, and some accuracy in the first one. Thought a draw was abit cheeky in the first, Eubank cruising early on and dropping him heavily late on.
                    so he took him lightly in the 2nd fight after having a real close fight 1st time round?

Like i stated earlier havent seen them in years so can comment properly on who should've won, but that sounds a bit lame.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                      so he took him lightly in the 2nd fight after having a real close fight 1st time round?

Like i stated earlier havent seen them in years so can comment properly on who should've won, but that sounds a bit lame.
                      Yeah he said he didn't train for Close the previous time and was going to stop him on bodyshots early!

The first fight wasn't a flat-out tussle, Eubank just seemed to be fighting within himself and Close nicking the odd rounds on pure workrate.

Comment

Working...
                      X