Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire should have fought Rigo or Mares instead of Arce to begin with.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire should have fought Rigo or Mares instead of Arce to begin with.

I'm a fan of Nonito, however lets say we all agree please. There was no reason why Nonito should have even fought Arce to begin with. 1st off, Arce quit against Rojas. We can say he's a warrior & never quit. That was all the more reason for him to have kept fighting. But I know what I saw that night. Arce dropped that kid & thought he had an easy night. But then that kid got up & started to belt him with hard shots & Arce wanted out.

Rigo has been calling Donaire forever. IMHO, Donaire should have taken him out already, here's why. Donaire has the edge in pro experience. Rigo's pro experience is unimpressive. Why give him more opportunity to fine tune himself. To more pro experience he gets, the more dangerous he becomes because he's already 1 of the greatest amateurs ever.

Then there's Mares. There really isn't any reason why I'm talking about him other than I'm a huge fan & I just love to here people underestimate him only for him to win anyway. He doesn't know how to lose. And lets face it, either him or Rigo is better than the Arce Donaire chased for years.

It was a money grab..... Nobody in their right mind would have turned it down

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      It was a money grab..... Nobody in their right mind would have turned it down
      Ohh, I keep forgetting bout money. Where's my bwoy Dunn to remind me??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Ohh, I keep forgetting bout money. Where's my bwoy Dunn to remind me??
        Yeah ok Bush I'm offended.....

But seriously after a solid year yr why would you nitpick with one opponent..... Donaire just got to 22 last year and already has the best resume there

Comment

Your post makes great sence from fans perspective , maybe even donaire him self. But like someone posted above money has allot to do with it, and unfortunately promoters are mostly to blame for certain fights not happening.

Comment

I don't think Rigo or Mares was even possible in that time frame. Remember Donaire just fought in October then fought Arce in December. Mares fought Moreno mid November.

Rigondeaux im not sure, he fought in September and i don't know exactly when he signed to fight Poon.

Comment

Working...
            X