Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan fires warning to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan fires warning to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan has told his rivals that he still has plenty of room for improvement in the future.

If Khan can find a way past Paul McCloskey on Saturday, he is eyeing a summer unification battle against Timothy Bradley - and if he wins that one, the next target is a 2012 showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Khan believes he is on course to snatch the title of pound-for-pound king from Mayweather if he can entice the American into the ring.

"There's not many other 24-year-olds who have achieved what I've achieved," Khan said. "That's what drives me - I've not even hit my peak yet, and I've done so much. It excites me what I've got in the future, because I've got some super fights - the likes of Floyd Mayweather, fighting for the pound-for-pound title, unifying the division against Bradley, so there's some huge fights for me out there."

Meanwhile, Ricky Hatton has insisted that Khan's resilient showing against Marcos Maidana - when he weathered a 10th-round crisis to win on points - proved he has the chin to compete at the highest level. Khan's ability to take a punch has been in doubt ever since he was knocked out inside a minute by Breidis Prescott in 2008.

"He's come back from defeat, and every time in coming back from defeat he's ticked off all the boxes," Hatton said. "He's proved his heart, proved his chin, proved his desire. Ability-wise he's improving like there's no tomorrow."

At least Manny's friend Khan knows who the true Pound for Pound champion is. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Like it or not kids.

Originally posted by LMFAO View Post
    At least Manny's friend Khan knows who the true Pound for Pound champion is. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Like it or not kids.
    He's got four weeks to make a fight and stay in the rankings...

FOUR WEEKS.

Comment

I will probably get bashed for this, but if anyone has a chance against May, it's Khan. His speed, and long jab could really give May trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigZag View Post
        I will probably get bashed for this, but if anyone has a chance against May, it's Khan. His speed, and long jab could really give May trouble.
        I actually agree. I mean i think Mayweather would eat khans face up however, I know Khan Laser sharp jab could prove to be kryptonite for May.

Comment

well, one thing khan does'nt have to worry about is gettin KTFO vs floyd....and he is a pretty good boxer himself.....

Comment

Kahn has no chance. He still fights like his in the ams.

Comment

Originally posted by LMFAO View Post
              WBA light welterweight champion Amir Khan has told his rivals that he still has plenty of room for improvement in the future.

If Khan can find a way past Paul McCloskey on Saturday, he is eyeing a summer unification battle against Timothy Bradley - and if he wins that one, the next target is a 2012 showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Khan believes he is on course to snatch the title of pound-for-pound king from Mayweather if he can entice the American into the ring.

"There's not many other 24-year-olds who have achieved what I've achieved," Khan said. "That's what drives me - I've not even hit my peak yet, and I've done so much. It excites me what I've got in the future, because I've got some super fights - the likes of Floyd Mayweather, fighting for the pound-for-pound title, unifying the division against Bradley, so there's some huge fights for me out there."

Meanwhile, Ricky Hatton has insisted that Khan's resilient showing against Marcos Maidana - when he weathered a 10th-round crisis to win on points - proved he has the chin to compete at the highest level. Khan's ability to take a punch has been in doubt ever since he was knocked out inside a minute by Breidis Prescott in 2008.

"He's come back from defeat, and every time in coming back from defeat he's ticked off all the boxes," Hatton said. "He's proved his heart, proved his chin, proved his desire. Ability-wise he's improving like there's no tomorrow."

yeah too bad for your girls, the rest of the boxing community thinks others. its ok though, you do what you need to do to make daily living bearable.

Comment

Khan beats Gayweather 120-108 on all 3 scorecards easy. Too much handspeed and too good footwork.

Comment

A jab can trouble any one, the problem is using it consistently and not letting your opponent take your jab away. DLH didn't stop using his jab in round 8 of his fight against Floyd, Floyd stopped DLH from using his jab by adjusting and changing styles.

Using the jab against Floyd is easier said than done. You have to do so much more than just a jab, you have to be a very smart fighter to pull that off for 12 rounds against some one like Mayweather.

Comment

khan's chin is garbage... maidana couldn't even Ko a shot morales

Comment

Working...
                    X