Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be winning in 3 years and why.. Top Rank or Golden Boy? Official Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    or vice versa, Gamb

all the people that wouldn't do business with Top Rank, might be more willing to deal with them once Arum is gone
    The super j*w is very smart. He's going to start cryogenically freezing himself and coming out of stasis every 5 years to sign documents and pwn DLH. TR could dominate for a couple centuries.

Comment

Arum has been grooming his son in law, Todd Duboeuf, to be his successor. I agree with everyone else that Top Rank won't be the same though.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        or vice versa, Gamb

all the people that wouldn't do business with Top Rank, might be more willing to deal with them once Arum is gone
        They would be trying to get the better of Top Rank at that point though, they can keep on like that but that is not really what I would call a top company.

Top Rank is in a bad situation without Arum, if it is a slow steady transition that is one thing and they could come out perfectly fine like that but who knows Arum doesn't seem the sort to just let go of his baby like that and to me he is the sort to hold on to the bitter end even if that damages his company (because no one could tell Arum what is best)

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          He could have a stroke and be a vegetable tomorrow (as could about anyone).

Arum would go by the actuarial tables and he is already lived longer than average so he knows his chance to die goes up every day.

That is why once Arum goes Top Rank is in trouble, he is heir key mover no matter how much he brings in other boxing people he is the head.

Plus he could just lose his edge, no one can beat father time and the brain deteriorates just like every other organ.
          I've seen Arum, he loves life. No stress, he literally glows like Santa Clause. That should be a thread into itself. How old will Arum be when he retires. He's going to last a while IMO. His cheeks glow like only a trully wealthy person's can. We'll see.

Comment

They would be trying to get the better of Top Rank at that point though, they can keep on like that but that is not really what I would call a top company.

Top Rank is in a bad situation without Arum, if it is a slow steady transition that is one thing and they could come out perfectly fine like that but who knows Arum doesn't seem the sort to just let go of his baby like that and to me he is the sort to hold on to the bitter end even if that damages his company (because no one could tell Arum what is best)
            At some point Arum will pull a Steinbrenner like transition. It will be more difficult without clone sons, but he'll work it out. This thread will look interesting in 10 years.

Comment

He could have a stroke and be a vegetable tomorrow (as could about anyone).

Arum would go by the actuarial tables and he is already lived longer than average so he knows his chance to die goes up every day.

That is why once Arum goes Top Rank is in trouble, he is heir key mover no matter how much he brings in other boxing people he is the head.

Plus he could just lose his edge, no one can beat father time and the brain deteriorates just like every other organ.
              It's not realistic, but sadly I feel like vegetable Arum could still outwit Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                I've seen Arum, he loves life. No stress, he literally glows like Santa Clause. That should be a thread into itself. How old will Arum be when he retires. He's going to last a while IMO. His cheeks glow like only a trully wealthy person's can. We'll see.
                I find that glow is not healthy at all, he has been living the good life for a long time, he isn't Jack LeLane. He could live for a while because he is rich, but he old enough that he could go downhill pretty quick and if that is how he is living with tons of medical assistance I don't see how he can really be all that much help to Top Rank.

To me at that point it is much to late to groom a true successor and I don't see them grooming someone for Arum's role until Arum no longer wants to do it and the only way he wouldn't want to do it is if he doesn't have his health.

Comment

It's not realistic, but sadly I feel like vegetable Arum could still outwit Oscar.
                  Well if his brain is still working sure, the trouble would be communication. Arum is rich though maybe they can put his brain in a jar and his brain can be the front man of top rank with some kind of robot body.

Comment

We all know Arum will be in charge of Top Rank 20 years from now. Snakes never die...

Comment

At some point Arum will pull a Steinbrenner like transition. It will be more difficult without clone sons, but he'll work it out. This thread will look interesting in 10 years.
                      I just can't see that, it can be done but there are a lot of moving parts.

It is hard to predict once it gets to that point.

Comment

Working...
                      X