Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duran Got Owned By All 3 Other Fab 4 Guys: Why's He Ranked High?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    No, Duran lost a decision to Esteban DeJesus in a non title fight. He later KO'd DeJesus twice in title fights.
    I think DeJesus was the first to KD him. Hands of stone was the closest thing to completely unbeatable at lightweight.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
      I think DeJesus was the first to KD him. Hands of stone was the closest thing to completely unbeatable at lightweight.
      how about him v.s. prime pernell????.................

Comment

Mainly because of all the work he did in the 1970s, being considered one of the 2 greatest lightweights ever along with Benny Leonard.

However I'd just like to add that his fight with Hagler is one of the most overrated "close" fights ever. Just because some drunk judges had it really close, it doesn't mean it really was that close. Hagler won 10-4-1 on my card. Duran had some aura back then with the judges, because the scorecards in the Benitez fight were also far too close than they should have been.

SMH @ judges having Duran losing by just one point to both Hagler and Benitez.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
          Yeah, he dropped Duran in the 1st or 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Yeah, he dropped Duran in the 1st or 2nd round.
            Dejesus dropped Duran with left hooks in the first round of each of the first 2 fights.

Comment

Benitez was too much for him but the Hagler fight was close more to do with how Hagler fought than Duran

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
                Why do some people rank Duran as the best or 2nd best of the Fab 4 guys when all the other Fab Four guys owned him?

He lost to Hagler.
                He got embarrassed against Leonard in infamous "No mas" coward fight.
                He got annihilated by Hearns in a career low embarrassing destruction.

I understand he started at a lower weight class than the others, fought as low as 135 but in reality he started at 140 so I'll consider him a more natural 140lber.

Hearns started 147 not that big of a difference.

Leonard also started at 140 so they're even.

Hagler was the only one that stayed at 160 the whole damn time.

He beat Leonard and plenty of other great fighters. He had a war with Hagler at divisions above his best weight.....and Hearns beat a bit of a washed up version. Duran is universally a top ten ATG on almost every list....and i agree with that!

Comment

Working...
                X