Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Pro wrestling so popular in America? Is it a sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not as simple as "acting." These guys really do get f***ed up, because while it's fake they still spend almost every day of the week doing matches. So they are definitely better athletes and tougher guys than to just be called "actors."

As to why adults like it, I don't know. I admit I can still admire a particularly good match, but I stopped watching around 15 or 16 years old.

Comment

its both entertaining and sexy

Comment

it's the modern day circus that's why.

purely entertainment, nothing more.

Comment

Used to follow it hardcore from the mid-90's until around 2001. I used to love watching WCW with the NWO and all the good crusierweights they had. While the WWF(now E) had Stone Cold, Rock, Mankind, Undertaker etc. Guess I grew out of it or maybe just didn't care for the storylines anymore. I will say that I do consider pro wrestlers to be gifted athletes. It takes a lot of practice to do the moves that they do night in and night out. Yet they will still always end up suffering an injury.

Comment

Even though it's scripted a lot of the in ring stuff is also improvised as far as high spots and whatnot go, and those guys absolutely abuse their bodies 300+ days out of the year, so they have my deepest respect even though I don't care for the product.

They're definitely athletes, IMO.

Comment

I wouldn't miss WWF back in the days, Saturday at 10:00 am...it was like watching a reality show where they fight...then I would watch GLOW for personal reasons :wank:

Comment

New Jack, b*tches.

Comment

Comment

I have full respect for those guys

Even tho its "fake" and not a competitive sport, those guys do stuff 99.99% of people couldnt do

Comment

New Jack would beat everybody in this thread to death and then **** their corpses just for the hell of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X