Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if Puerto Rico ever does gain independence....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So if Puerto Rico ever does gain independence....

...would a person with rican heritage born in the US be called a puerto rican-american, or would he be named ame-rican?

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
    ...would a person with rican heritage born in the US be called a puerto rican-american, or would he be named ame-rican?
    Ame-Rican

Comment

Comment

Puerto Rico better pray to god they don't become "independent". Look at all the other Latin American and Caribbean countries who are....not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Puerto Rico better pray to god they don't become "independent". Look at all the other Latin American and Caribbean countries who are....not good.
          First off I dont know why you say pray to a being you obviously dont believe in.

Second, do you really think we would do better being the poorest state of a country whose calling card right to the world is their military, cause that debt is looking good at all is it?

Comment

We better become independent. The dependency of this island have made the people lazy and conceited aholes. I do pray that one day we will be free. I know we can do better than those other poor countries.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
              First off I dont know why you say pray to a being you obviously dont believe in.

Second, do you really think we would do better being the poorest state of a country whose calling card right to the world is their military, cause that debt is looking good at all is it?
              Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
              We better become independent. The dependency of this island have made the people lazy and conceited aholes. I do pray that one day we will be free. I know we can do better than those other poor countries.
              No offense but you guys are delusional. First off, the strength of the American economy is the reason PR isn't a 3rd world country like Dominican Republic or any other island there.

Second, I'm not disagreeing that there are lazy people there and they depend on the govt but there's also a lot of corruption in PR, imagine if the U.S wasn't involved? PR doesn't have many resources outside of tourism and a few exports, it's hard to build a thriving economy without some financial backing.

Comment

No offense but you guys are delusional. First off, the strength of the American economy is the reason PR isn't a 3rd world country like Dominican Republic or any other island there.

Second, I'm not disagreeing that there are lazy people there and they depend on the govt but there's also a lot of corruption in PR, imagine if the U.S wasn't involved? PR doesn't have many resources outside of tourism and a few exports, it's hard to build a thriving economy without some financial backing.
                Singapore did it. It is time for us to move on. I rather have my island full of jibaritos willing to work for the Patria, than the garbage with have now due to the US influence. It was ok at the beginning, but it is time for us to move on.

Comment

I am Rican and the second part is on point.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                    I am Rican and the second part is on point.
                    very true...

Comment

Working...
                    X