Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is the most protected boxer in the game right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

, @ Khan being protected...Yea OK...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
      Protected fighters:

Andre Berto (he'll be defending his welterweight belt against yet another light welterweight in April)

Deontay Wilder

David Haye

Floyd Mayweather

Sebastian Sylvester

Felix Sturm

Julio Ceasar Chavez

Jurgen Braehmer
      Deontay is just a prospect, all prospects are protected.

Comment

Originally posted by ViciousVic View Post
        Wow. Ok, lol.

A protected fighter wouldn't of been put in there with Andrade twice and Bika.
        Sakio Bika was damn near 4 years ago. You're supposed to step-up competition after that, not step down.

Andrade was a must fight to restore some credibility after that ref saved him by the bell, in the first. If he hadn't done that fight again, even his Canadian fanbase would've turned on him.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
          Maybe because there is not so much as a rumor about a fight and it's already Feb, 2011.

Floyd is a Celebrity Fighter now, you said you don't care about P4P Lists. Besides that, he has no official title.

Pac still cares about WBO & WBC titles, making title defenses etc,. That's being active.

Floyd is like Delahoya used to be, a part-time once a year Fighter.
          That is fine and dandy but he's not officially inactive. To me he's irrelevant right now. But, not inactive...Until that year is up then we can call him inactive and not mention him as the lineal champ or the ring should take him out of their ranking and not even make an argument for him in the P4P list.

Here is the thing with the TS as the TS to make a P4P list and I can damn near guarantee he would have Floyd in it yet he wants to call Floyd inactive.

Comment

I agree, Deontay Wilder shouldn't be on this list right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              That is fine and dandy but he's not officially inactive. To me he's irrelevant right now. But, not inactive...Until that year is up then we can call him inactive and not mention him as the lineal champ or the ring should take him out of their ranking and not even make an argument for him in the P4P list.

Here is the thing with the TS as the TS to make a P4P list and I can damn near guarantee he would have Floyd in it yet he wants to call Floyd inactive.
              Yes, and that's because P4P as you said, is opinionated. And there are no rules regarding activity.

People like to talk about the Good Ol' days of Boxing. But if you go far enough back in time, Floyd could be The Champ for 2 years without making a Title Defense. And he wouldn't be stripped of his Title.

That's how they used to roll in the 1930's.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                Sakio Bika was damn near 4 years ago. You're supposed to step-up competition after that, not step down.

Andrade was a must fight to restore some credibility after that ref saved him by the bell, in the first. If he hadn't done that fight again, even his Canadian fanbase would've turned on him.

What is he supposed to do when the entire division is tied up in the Super Six and there isn't really anyone out there for him.

Comment

Andre Berto...............
                  That was my first choice until I thought about the fact that Chavez Jr has 50 somin fights and a title but zero competition. He is running away with the title of most protected. It was Khan until after the Maidana fight.

I aint the biggest fan of Pacquiao but his name shouldnt come up in this conversation. He might set the fights up in his favor but they were all still dangerous.

Comment

I agree, Deontay Wilder shouldn't be on this list right now.

You all are gonna have to forgive my Slavic friend Tunney.

He is a bit culturally biased and in order to not name the obvious fighters (who also happened to be white, but that's irrelevant), he had to pick out some other names out of the hat to make up for them.

Comment

Berto and JCC Jr

Comment

Working...
                      X