No announcement yet.

1982 Gerry Cooney vs 1997 Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 Gerry Cooney vs 1997 Lennox Lewis

Cooney of the Holmes fight vs peak 97 trained Lewis.

???
    ???
    ???
    Cooney Via KO/TKO
    7.69%
    Cooney Via Decision
    0.00%
    Lewis Via KO/TKO
    84.62%
    Lewis Via Decision
    7.69%

lewis would easily ko Cooney and would do so as quickly as lewis destroyed golota,grant and ruddock,those guys were better than cooney.

Comment

Cooney would try to quickly trap Lewis on the ropes or in a corner... Lewis would be fighting on the back-foot from the off which would limit his chances of letting go his right-hands... This fight either goes the distance with Lewis winning a razor close decision or it ends with Cooney destroying Lewis in the opening 2 rounds (something which has happened to Lewis before)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fb0Qidm9Fg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTveHWpyGCQ
      Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 09-01-2010, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Lennox all day long.......................

Comment

Cooney made his reputation off of old, shot fighters on his way to a superfight with Holmes. A one handed fighter with not much of a chin, he has two chances in this fight, little and none. Lewis outjabs him and Gerry never gets a chance to set up his left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            Cooney made his reputation off of old, shot fighters on his way to a superfight with Holmes. A one handed fighter with not much of a chin, he has two chances in this fight, little and none. Lewis outjabs him and Gerry never gets a chance to set up his left hook.
            Lewis could not do what you are claiming against Rahman or McCall and Cooney is a far more aggressive proposition than either of those two journeymen

Comment

Cooney has a good chance, he was good at that time. He was well rounded, he could jab with Lewis no problem. But him and Lewis both had questionable chins and it would come down to who gets tagged first.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Cooney would try to quickly trap Lewis on the ropes or in a corner... Lewis would be fighting on the back-foot from the off which would limit his chances of letting go his right-hands... This fight either goes the distance with Lewis winning a razor close decision or it ends with Cooney destroying Lewis in the opening 2 rounds (something which has happened to Lewis before)
                You are a joke.

I suggest you never post on a Lewis related subject again. Your hate blinds your judgement.

Please. Do us all a favour and shut it.

FYI, I'm a huge Tyson fan and never liked Lewis but c'mon son. This is pushing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
                  You are a joke.

I suggest you never post on a Lewis related subject again. Your hate blinds your judgement.

Please. Do us all a favour and shut it.

FYI, I'm a huge Tyson fan and never liked Lewis but c'mon son. This is pushing it.
                  List for me the fighters who Lewis has beaten who would beat a prime Cooney

Comment

I would favor Lewis by late stoppage. That being said, if Cooney lands the left hook cleanly at anytime it could easily turn into Cooney by KO.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                    X