No announcement yet.

Florida jury awards $23.6 billion to widow in smoking lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    Lol I was going to invite you to our wedding on the island we're buying (Hawaii) but you can stay in Denmark and freeze your pink butt off.

you sick fck. your avatars are fcking disgusting lmfaaooo smdh........

Comment

The surgeon general released that cigarettes were bad in 1964, mmmkay.

Comment

I'm about to go bag that right now, don't care how she looks, goodbye college.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I'm about to go bag that right now, don't care how she looks, goodbye college.
          You're too late. I met with Cynthia this morning for breakfast at an IHOP and she's mine all mine. I convinced her to settle for $2 billion and the evil tobacco company has agreed but will keep it quiet. Once the check clears we're going. My current wife has agreed to a $50 mill payout.

I won't have to post here anymore to you barbarians....I'll have real friends who will like me for my money.

Comment

This can't be accurate, it has to mean million. $145 billion? That's a gigantic chunk of the US's GDP

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
              This can't be accurate, it has to mean million. $145 billion? That's a gigantic chunk of the US's GDP
              $23.6 BILLION. With a B. Don't know where you got the $145 figure from.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                billion with a B?

this just can't be right. that would make her one of the 25 richest people on the planet [before taxes.]

bill gates and carlos slim are only worth 80 bill a pop.

i just can't believe this. i will believe it when i see the settlement check[s] clear.
                I'm not sure damages are taxable.

Comment

Comment

She'll be in retrials and appeals until her dying day BUT, there is a very real chance she settles out of court. Could she get a bil out of court?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      I'm not sure damages are taxable.

for the most part, they are.

i'm not a real expert on this crap, but the white guys at forbes probably know a little somethin aboudit!

http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/29/tax...bert-wood.html

i guess it's more complicated than i thought when you consider injuries, wrongful death. it would depend on the nature of her lawsuit, and how much they are seeking in each specific area. "physical injuries" and medical expenses are untaxed, even if you're seeking damages for lost income. damages for emotional distress, etc, are taxed.

weird.

some of it would be taxed. most probably would. he didn't rack up 25 billion in medical bills. given that it's theoretically a several billion dollar settlement, i'd guess that several billion would go to the jakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X