Collapse
No announcement yet.

lamachenko manager says no point in Walters fight now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fight between these 2 wouldn't need any titles at stake. It's a fight that's in demand.

That said, if Walters can't make 126 any more, then that's hardly Loma's fault.

Comment

So Walters takes 8 months off,underestimates how hard it would be to make the weight, and for the first time misses weight,and suddenly people are crying "move up" and "he's way too big". If he can make 126 for fight night there's no reason the fight shouldn't happen,or maybe loma is scared of fighters with size advantage. Margarito had 17 lbs on Pacquiao,and maidana has at least 15 lbs on mayweather in the first fight and yet they both smaller guys won. Maybe despite lomas illustrious amature career,he doesn't feel capable of beating a bigger,stronger fighter who can crack,and would be able to take all of his best shots.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
        So Walters takes 8 months off,underestimates how hard it would be to make the weight, and for the first time misses weight,and suddenly people are crying "move up" and "he's way too big". If he can make 126 for fight night there's no reason the fight shouldn't happen,or maybe loma is scared of fighters with size advantage. Margarito had 17 lbs on Pacquiao,and maidana has at least 15 lbs on mayweather in the first fight and yet they both smaller guys won. Maybe despite lomas illustrious amature career,he doesn't feel capable of beating a bigger,stronger fighter who can crack,and would be able to take all of his best shots.
        That's 20-30% of weight In the smaller classes every pound is huge

Comment

Who else is he going to fight?
          Selby is not going to fight him and nor is Gary Russell

Comment

Damn, Loma's team saw how Walters packed on the weight and beat down an extremely talented amateur standout and ran for the hills.

Comment

booooooooooooo

Comment

That's not what I wanted to hear this sucks. Maybe Arum can still make it happen by offering him more money.

Comment

How are people blaming Loma? Walters is the fk up who didn't make weight. Granted, I like Walters far more than Loma but I'm not letting Nick off the hook here. He's the one who lost the belt by not having his shyt together. Very childish for people to try to turn this around because they don't want to blame their favorite fighters for anything.

Comment

Loma wants to unify the belts. I don't blame him. So far a different person holds each of the 4 major belts. I doubt Russell Jr will fight him again, so maybe while Lomachenko chases in another way Walter will go the other and they can unify the belts in a much quicker way, with one big super-fight. Hopefully... unless Walter finally moves up.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                      Loma wants to unify the belts. I don't blame him. So far a different person holds each of the 4 major belts. I doubt Russell Jr will fight him again, so maybe while Lomachenko chases in another way Walter will go the other and they can unify the belts in a much quicker way, with one big super-fight. Hopefully... unless Walter finally moves up.
                      Loma KOs gwry in a rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X