Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the people who say Floyd ducked Kostya Tszyu,when was he suppose to fight him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    He never ducked Kostya Tszyu.

If you get in to an argument with these fools long enough, you will start hearing Floyd ducked Vivian Harris.

I remember when Vivian Harris bumrushed the mic at a press conference and started accusing Mayweather of avoiding him. A visibly bewildered Mayweather was like, "who the hell ARE you?"

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      If Floyd ducked Cotto and Pacquiao, be willing to admit the times they ducked him.

Cotto-Floyd was a possible fight in 2005, two of the top 140 lb fighters. Cotto wanted no part of that fight after he was ringside for Floyd-Gatti. Besides, that fight happened anyway.

The closest Floyd-Pac ever was to happening was March 2010. It was agreed, but Manny walked away not agreeing to the test protocol. Neither guy wanted it at the same time.
      The only person Floyd Mayweather has ducked is Bob Arum and doing any business with him no matter what C class, or B class fighter it is. It's not about the fighter, it's about Bob Arum. But Floyd was really close to fighting Pacquiao in 2010 and Pacquiao did walk away. That could have possibly started a working relationship with Mayweather and Top Rank, if Pacquiao had gone through with the OST.

Comment

I have read all the posts so far and no one is saying he ducked Tszyu and I know I don't think he ducked Tszyu so maybe very few think he ducked Tszyu. I do read he is ducking Martinez from a few guys on here and I don't agree with that because he should not have to fight outside his weight class. I don't think he ducked anyone but all famous fighters get accused of ducking guys.Donaire, Ward, Pacquiao and Martinez get accused of ducking guys too. These big stars don't fight that often and they can't fight every top guy at the same time.

Comment

people still spouting this crap so imma keep this bumped

Comment

buuuuuuuuuuuuump

Comment

Whatever but he did duck the entire WW division in 08 when him fighting would have mattered, it doesn't now.

Comment

Floyd has never ducked anyone in his entire career. Not once. You think somebody who can fight as good as Mayweather would be scared of people? Are you people really this damn slow and hateful towards the guy. ******s.

Comment

Floyd wanted Kostya the moment he got to 140. They were going to face off right after Hatton-Kostya. Hatton gets the upset win. Floyd tries to fight Hatton, Hatton ducks him. He tries to fight Cotto, no bueno, so he goes up to 147 when he can't get the bout he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                    only fight floyd shouldve made happen if he couldve considering the top rank beef was cotto after cotto beat mosley n he beat hatton.
                    This this this. That is the ONLY fight I won't argue if someone says Floyd ducked him. Floyd could have fought an undefeated Cotto in 2008 and been the man for it. Face DLH in a rematch, then Cotto but he retired for two years.

Comment

Floyd could have fought Tszyu anytime before the Tszyu-Hatton fight.

But it was too risky for him.

Keep in mind Hatton had to go up to 147 to fight Floyd in 2007.

Comment

Working...
                      X