No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hank Lundy Returns in July, Hoping For DeMarco Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hank Lundy Returns in July, Hoping For DeMarco Shot

Rising lightweight contender “Hammerin’ ” Hank Lundy (22-1-1, 11 KOs) reflected on his latest triumph last Friday, a nationally televised unanimous decision over Dannie Williams (21-2, 17 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Sorry, Thompson first

Comment

Rhompson must get his shot 1st, he earned it, Lundy has not as Williams, last Friday was an over-hyped novice...Lundy has the speed and some nice moves, but really no power & not doesn''t have enough @ this time to handle, IMO, ADM...

Comment

No. He should fight someone like Bogere, Estrada, Molina rematch, etc.

Also, did anyone notice that somehow Gamboa is now the #1 ranked LW by the WBC???

Comment

Lundy is nice. Does not have an all time great chin but makes up for it with raw talent and skill. Definitely gamboaesque as in he recuperates quickly and does his thing. Still a rising talent but should get a title shot relatively soon if he stays focused. Grear switch hitter too. Doesn't look awkward in either stance.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
            Lundy is nice. Does not have an all time great chin but makes up for it with raw talent and skill. Definitely gamboaesque as in he recuperates quickly and does his thing. Still a rising talent but should get a title shot relatively soon if he stays focused. Grear switch hitter too. Doesn't look awkward in either stance.
            I can definitely see him being a potential Broner option at LW in the next year or two, given he keeps winning. He was whupping Molina until he was stopped. He should rematch Molina, or fight someone like Estrada or Bogere, than get a DeMarco shot in the fall.

On a side note, I can't believe my boy Linares lost to Thompson. I've never seen a fighter with the skill level he has that just can't get over the hump in his career. He's been stopped by Salgado and DeMarco, 2 pretty good fighters, but Sergio Thompson??? Man I was stunned.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              No. He should fight someone like Bogere, Estrada, Molina rematch, etc.

Also, did anyone notice that somehow Gamboa is now the #1 ranked LW by the WBC???
              I wouldn't be surprised if he was rated at all 16 divisions

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                I wouldn't be surprised if he was rated at all 16 divisions
                I was like what the f**k??? The guy has never fought above 126 lbs and the WBC makes him the #1 contender??? And I'm a huge Gamboa fan, but he should have to earn his ranking with at least one win there first over a ranked opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  I was like what the f**k??? The guy has never fought above 126 lbs and the WBC makes him the #1 contender??? And I'm a huge Gamboa fan, but he should have to earn his ranking with at least one win there first over a ranked opponent.
                  The WBC don't give a single fuck.
                  I mean, Devon Alexander was #1 before he moved to WW.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    The WBC don't give a single fuck.
                    I mean, Devon Alexander was #1 before he moved to WW.
                    I know, it's crazy. I wouldn't be mad if Devon was #1 NOW, with what he did to Maidana. But, I just don't understand giving these guys the #1 ranking before they've even fought at the weight.

I mean Shane Mosley is now all of a sudden the #3 ranked SWW by the WBC??? He hasn't won there since he knocked Mayorga out in 08'. He drawed with Sergio Mora for christ sake.
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 04-02-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X