Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 years ago today....Ricky Hatton Vs. Kostya Tszyu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Tszyu being cheated from a fair fight. I remember the reff letting Hatton foul Tszyu in every single round.

I also remember Tszyu making a speech after the fight saying good things about Hatton which made me think that he was probably bought. I mean, I would have complained of how unfair and how incompetent the reff was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Tszyu had hit Hatton low twice already
      Yeah, whereas Hatton had fought an amazingly clean and fair fight up until that point. Tszyu had fought dirty and deserved it. Hatton hadn't gone low at all, nor had he done anything else remotely dirty.

Hatton blatantly and deliberately hitting Tszyu low after what turned out to be a good legal shot, and without any admonishment from the ref, seemed to be perfectly fair and the decent thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Yeah, whereas Hatton had fought an amazingly clean and fair fight up until that point. Tszyu had fought dirty and deserved it. Hatton hadn't gone low at all, nor had he done anything else remotely dirty.

Hatton blatantly and deliberately hitting Tszyu low after what turned out to be a good legal shot, and without any admonishment from the ref, seemed to be perfectly fair and the decent thing to do.
        Didn't say he did. No need to get emotional.

Tyszu had already hit Hatton twice low so he gave him one back. It's a fight. Why would the ref punish Hatton for his first low blow and Tyszu for neither of his?

Tyszu quit on his stool and then gave Hatton credit afterwards. He wasn't a saint in there either. He just got out-manned.

Comment

Tyszu had already hit Hatton twice low so he gave him one back. It's a fight. Why would the ref punish Hatton for his first low blow and Tyszu for neither of his?

Tyszu quit on his stool and then gave Hatton credit afterwards. He wasn't a saint in there either. He just got out-manned.
          If this fight was held in the neutral conditions, there would be two possible outcomes: Tszyu by KO or Hatton DQd

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed_Ismail View Post
            I remember Tszyu getting fouled and screwed over by the ref for 11 rounds. I also remember that I was pissed cuz the result meant that a fight between Floyd Mayweather and Kostya Tszyu won't happen.

Who the **** are you trying to kid? You've been following boxing for about two or three years.

Comment

Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
              If this fight was held in the neutral conditions, there would be two possible outcomes: Tszyu by KO or Hatton DQd
              I didn't realise that Tszyu wasn't allowed to hit Hatton in the fight. I'll have to go back and watch it, it has been a decade after all.

Comment

Don't get emotional?

Right.

The difference is one of intent and it certainly wasn't his first low blow, nor his first foul.

Anyway, yes he did, yes he did and yes, he did.

Comment

Don't get emotional?

Right.

The difference is one of intent and it certainly wasn't his first low blow, nor his first foul.

Anyway, yes he did, yes he did and yes, he did.
                  You got emotional and started being sarky just because I pointed out a fact.

Tyszu was warned twice for hitting low. He wasn't exactly playing by the rules in there throughout the fight either.

Comment

The thing I remember most was when Hatton got hit with a borderline body shot that put him down, which replays showed was right on the beltline. Hatton complained it was low, and so came back with one of the most blatantly intentional clear low blows I've ever seen. A disqualification level of deliberate.

It happened pretty late in the fight and I remember that it took all the steam out of Tszyu. Nasty ****.
                    i came in to post this. Fight was nasty as hell by all means. His subsequent victories against maussa, urango and castillo did nothing to negate the idea that hatton..to me, just wasnt that great. I just didint see the greatness in anything he did. mauling guys over and over and grinding your way to victory doesnt do it for me.

also, ricky hatton gave birth to hugh grant and the weebler, whos saddness of that floyd mayweather fight carries on to this goddamn day.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                      i came in to post this. Fight was nasty as hell by all means. His subsequent victories against maussa, urango and castillo did nothing to negate the idea that hatton..to me, just wasnt that great. I just didint see the greatness in anything he did. mauling guys over and over and grinding your way to victory doesnt do it for me.

also, ricky hatton gave birth to hugh grant and the weebler, whos saddness of that floyd mayweather fight carries on to this goddamn day.

Comment

Working...
                      X