Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bute Possibly Exercising Rematch Clause, Hoping To Pull A Terry Norris?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    If Bute exercises the rematch clause then I give him a lot of credit after suffering such a defeat.

But honestly it would be career suicide, I think he should stay well away from a puncher in his next bout build a little confidence up and see where he wants to go from there.

Fighting Froch right away will be the end of his career if it isn't already.
    its not that carl was a big puncher. just out boxed him and i dont care if your mike tyson or floyd mayweather. if your taking flush shots by almost any professional your going down. or at least tko'd into submission
    Last edited by Ring Leader; 05-28-2012, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Bute would be stupid to fight Froch again, he was beaten bad (and he's not Norris). He should just go back to Canada and make some easy money before retiring. He is not going to be Froch, Ward or any of the top at 168, he would have a hard time beating all of the B level fighters after having been exposed the way he just was. His career is over, just like when Jeff Lacy went over-seas to Calzaghe and got dominated.

Comment

I don't think Bute will want it, he is a confidence fighter.

I could visibly see in round 2 when he took a few he really didn't like it and he started looking sorry for himself.

Like suggested a comeback fight against a fighter such as Allan Green is a good call or maybe against his fellow countryman Stevenson whose coming off some decent wins.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Froch destroy him again.

Comment

First it is obvious you think Norris is a great, incredible fighter and I respect your opionion but I don't share it. I saw Norris fight lots of times and I thought he was very good but not great. He sure never rematched Jackson who crushed him in two rounds. I thought Hearns was better and faster at 154 and would have destoyed Norris and Trinidad would have KOed him. He had a very weak chin and extremely poor recovery powers. Brown knocked him down and hurt him badly with a left jab.He did not win every round of the Brown rematch. The score cards were 118 to 109, 117 to 111, and 116 to 112. So one judge had him losing 2 rounds, another judge had him losing 3 rounds and the 3rd judge had him losing 4 rounds. A solid win but not a shutout. Brown was nothing special and probably not nearly as good as Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              I don't think Bute will want it, he is a confidence fighter.
              he may want it but I doubt his trainer & his promoter want it. I'm sure if he does they'll sway him against it.

Comment

Watched the fight today and Bute beat himself. He stood there against the ropes and impersonated a punching bag and told Froch to have at it.

Froch didn't do anything too impressive, Bute looked scared. Good win for Froch though, I thought he would get schooled for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                  Canada is as crooked as Germany and Texas when it comes to homecooking refs and judges. Bute would simply need to survive 12 rounds and he'd walk away champ again. Not to mention the fight would sell out in minutes and make oodles of cash.

He'd be stupid to not take the rematch.
                  what makes you think he could survive 12 rounds? he was lucky to get out of R.3 at the weekend and he proved to be less elusive than predicted

Comment

Working...
                  X