Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best technicians of today's days?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly think Loma is the most technical fighter out today. It's very movement based, and he does literally everything in the boxing handbook while twisting, pivoting, bending, dipping, and with movement at all times.

Comment

Most fighters with a good amateur background are technically proficient. Especially the Cubans; Rigo, Lara, Gamboa

Comment

Mayweather, and Rigo....then you have the rest

Comment

Let's not forget Jorge Linares

Comment

Floyd Mayweather, Juan Manuel Marquez, Vasyl Lomachenko, Nonito Donaire, Guillermo Rigondeaux, Roman Gonzalez, Gennady Golovkin, Viktor Postol, Bernard Hopkins, Juan Francisco Estrada, Andre Ward, Naoya Inoue.

Comment

Elite technicians IMO: May, Ward, Rigo, B-Hop

Also great: Bradley, JMM, Nonito, Loma, GGG, Roman Gonzalez, Wlad, Canelo, Andre Dirrell, Frampton, Povetkin, Pulev, Pacquiao, Andrade (unproven yet but as I see), Lara, Gamboa (however he is reckless sometimes), Crawford, Mikey Garcia, Khan, Miguel Vazquez, Carlos Molina.

Questionable ones:
              Algieri - What he did against Provo was nice but we will see what he will do against Pac and other decent opponents.

Herrera - He did nice job against Danny however he has also 3 loss so I don't know.

Danny Garcia - he does a lots of thing very well but he just can't do nothing when hehas to force the action, maybe he will improve this

Broner - He has talent but his lateral movement is close to zero, maybe if he can improve that

Charlo bros, Barthelemy, Thurman, Anthony Joshua, Walters - They all seem to be pretty good technicians but they are all unproven yet to say it for sure.

Postol - His style is what many people call technical and maybe that's right but the guy seems to me a very robotic textbook fighterso far, but we will see maybe he is really technical.

Anthony Dirrell - He did a pretty good job on Bika but he didn't look good, however it's really hard to look good against a rugged champion like Bika so I don't write off Anthiny yet, he has some skills we will se earlier or later that actually how much,

These are the ones what came out of my mind suddenyl I guess I missed out a lot.
              Last edited by HEND; 09-20-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Rigo, floyd, ward, GGG...all different styles but technically sound. GGG gets overlooked for his actual technical ability because of the freakish power IMO...he cuts off the ring so well and uses a stiff jab and body work to break opponents down and then drops the hammer on them. Lomenchenko seems pretty damn good in his own right.

Comment

Many of the guys are already mentioned, so I'll just add Mikey Garcia. To me he's a very sound technician in the ring.

Comment

I would say Rigo because he counters with serious thunder.

Comment

one that im sure hasn't been mentioned and is perhaps a little controversial, i think is lucas matthysse, i think he's very smart, the guy never forgets the body, he bangs and throws every type of punch, even a technician like golovkin, does not really use his right hand for the body, it's almost always exlusively for headshots, matthysse, throws straight right hands to the pit of guys stomachs, jabs, right hooks, everything aswell as having very good defense

underrated fighter, definitely skillwise

Comment

Working...
                      X