No announcement yet.

What is the point of this drill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point of this drill

Does anyone know the point of this drill?

Coach has been working with this kid since he was 14. He just made the Thai national team & will likely be there 69kg boxer.

What is the point of this drill?

That's pretty impressive to hold the wall sit for that long. It's just a conditioning excercise to strengthen his legs and core then go and hit the heavy bag.

Comment

1. the obvious core/leg strength
      2. POSSIBLY helps with explosiveness(?)
      I've heard lifting a very heavy weight, then immediately performing an explosive movement of the similar motion (relative to lifting the weight) can improve explosiveness. if i recall correctly... the science behind it has something to do with cell memories(?)
      im guessing this simulates the above method.

im no expert, but you can research into this yourself.

Comment

Ok Mr. White Collar I gave you the benefit of the doubt before but now it is obvious that Berry is back.

Couldn't stay away could you?

Actually I am surprised you did not come back sooner then you did.

Still have to get that brand name out somehow huh?

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
          Ok Mr. White Collar I gave you the benefit of the doubt before but now it is obvious that Berry is back.

Couldn't stay away could you?

Actually I am surprised you did not come back sooner then you did.

Still have to get that brand name out somehow huh?
          Yeah it's pretty obvious. In another thread he was replying to everyone bad mouthing Baz.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
            1. the obvious core/leg strength
            It will improve local muscular endurance in the quadriceps.

2. POSSIBLY helps with explosiveness(?)
            This drill won't improve explosiveness. If anything it will make you less explosive if performed regularly. It targets slow twitch muscle fibres.
            I think you are thinking of the "static / dynamic" protocol, where you follow a MAXIMAL static contraction with an explosive dynamic movement. Very similar, but in this case no maximal static contraction is present - it's just an endurance exercise.

I've heard lifting a very heavy weight, then immediately performing an explosive movement of the similar motion (relative to lifting the weight) can improve explosiveness. if i recall correctly... the science behind it has something to do with cell memories(?)
            im guessing this simulates the above method.

im no expert, but you can research into this yourself.
            Yes, lifting a very heavy weight activates / primes muscles ready for explosive movements and can be very effective.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteCollar View Post
              Does anyone know the point of this drill?

Coach has been working with this kid since he was 14. He just made the Thai national team & will likely be there 69kg boxer.

What is the point of this drill?
              Do you know the aim of this drill?

Comment

Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
                It will improve local muscular endurance in the quadriceps.

This drill won't improve explosiveness. If anything it will make you less explosive if performed regularly. It targets slow twitch muscle fibres.
                I think you are thinking of the "static / dynamic" protocol, where you follow a MAXIMAL static contraction with an explosive dynamic movement. Very similar, but in this case no maximal static contraction is present - it's just an endurance exercise.

Yes, lifting a very heavy weight activates / primes muscles ready for explosive movements and can be very effective.
                ahh! thank you for correcting the wrong information.
                i guess this is as simple as what it seems like lol. endurance and bagwork.

will be taking kinesiology this term .

Comment

Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
                  Do you know the aim of this drill?
                  No but I will ask. Just been stalking his channel a little. A lot of weird stuff I have never seen.

Comment

Builds leg strength..they do this is all sports to build leg endurance

Comment

Working...
                    X