No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder

Does this guy have one fan? Or are people convinced he is a cherry picker and give no ****s about him? 37-0 36 KOs and he is never talked about on this site. Is his record full of bums or is he a great heavyweight?

I'll give a **** about him when he stops bragging and talking big and starts defending his title against top 10 world rated heavyweights. He has yet to defend his title against a top 10 contender. He defends his title against guys ranked too low for anybody but boxrec to rank and they rank his opponents from 20th to 45th.He has been a poor, cherry picking champion since the day he won the title. He has an exciting style and he KOs everyone he fights. He must start fighting worthy challengers if he is to get more fans.

Comment

Definately needs to be tested.

Time to step up champ.

Comment

Stiverne, Szpilka, Duhaupas and Molina were decent wins (the latter two having grown in stature since he beat them) but he needs a marquee fight ASAP at this point. In 2017 he should be looking at two big fights, preferably Povetkin and Fury but AJ or Parker would be fine too. If beating up Hughie is what it takes to entice Tyson back into the ring, then so be it

I find him quite likeable when he's not shouting "BOMB SQUAD" like an obnoxious ******

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          Stiverne, Szpilka, Duhaupas and Molina were decent wins (the latter two having grown in stature since he beat them) but he needs a marquee fight ASAP at this point. In 2017 he should be looking at two big fights, preferably Povetkin and Fury but AJ or Parker would be fine too. If beating up Hughie is what it takes to entice Tyson back into the ring, then so be it

I find him quite likeable when he's not shouting "BOMB SQUAD" like an obnoxious ******
          His resume is comparable to the other top HW's at this point outside of Fury and Wlad. He does need to start getting the really big fights to push his status into the elite level...

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
            Does this guy have one fan? Or are people convinced he is a cherry picker and give no ****s about him? 37-0 36 KOs and he is never talked about on this site. Is his record full of bums or is he a great heavyweight?
            He gets some love and a ton of hate on NSB. He's not being talked about much right now because he's inactive and recovering from injury..

Comment

I like Wilder as a personality. I find myself agreeing with a lot of things he has to say about the sport. He seems to be a very professional guy - takes his sport seriously and keeps himself in tip top physical condition.

His resume is also much better than people give him credit for. Duhaupas and Stiverne are legitimate wins, relatively speaking.

We all want to see the unification fights though.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                His resume is comparable to the other top HW's at this point outside of Fury and Wlad. He does need to start getting the really big fights to push his status into the elite level...
                I'd say it's better than Joshua, Parker, Ruiz Jr and Ortiz's, and I think Wlad is pretty much done, so he's my #2 behind Tyson Fury. If he beats Povetkin that will make him my personal interim champ while Fury is absent, then he could ideally face Tyson himself for the lineal status. If he keeps treading water he's going to be eclipsed by the aforementioned guys within the next year, as they seem bound to face each other in some combination soon

Comment

Working...
                X