No announcement yet.

After beating Joe Frazier and George Foreman in 74, Ali fought Chuck Wepner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    Ali himself called Foreman a slow, flat footed, nobody. Frazier was way past his prime when they had their third fight and Frazier later admitted that he had an injury in one of his eyes that left him partially blind for several years. Yet Frazier, partially blind, battle worn, and slow still nearly kicked Ali's ass.
    Good points. buuuuut

Ali fights frazier in his prime and losses
    Ali rematches frazier and beats him

Those are the first 2 fights, with a prime frazier. Regardless if frazier was washed up by the third fight ali still fought him when it mattered. Frazier indeed kicked alis ass in the first fight and almost did in the last fight had he not give up who knows what wouldve happened but thats the point!!! ali fought him win or lose he took on the challenege and didnt wait 7 years.

Ali came out of retirement to face undefeated foreman.

So what if ali said foreman was slow mummy?? He also mocked Frazier.... its called mind games. Ali did it to everyone.... Hell floyd was mocking midget pacquiao and it took him 7 years to fight a congressman already knocked the **** out pacquiao.... and he wants credit for that win...

Did ali axed Foreman to join ali promotion to make the fight happen?
    Did ali axed frazier to leave his promoter?
    did ali axed for random blood and urine tests?
    Ddi ali took 7 years to make either of the 4 fights happen?

All ali fights happened when it mattered. Floyd fights at the "right time", in other words, when the fighters look vulnerable and beatable, floyd fights them.

come on man you know better..... Why am i explaining this to you? you are a good poster... unless u like floyd more than ali then id understand. You know... TBE doe... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Why are you so offended and angry that I have a different opinion than you? Because some other people agreed with my opinion that differs from yours it makes them my alts and friends? Get real man. God forbid anyone on here says something that you don't agree with.

At the end of the day, Ali fought Wepner, who sucked. Deal with it.
      It's not that you disagree, it's that your comparison is non-sensical, with about 10 different people explaining it to you and you still don't understand. Plus I dislike the use of alts.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingLegend89' View Post
        Good points. buuuuut

Ali fights frazier in his prime and losses
        Ali rematches frazier and beats him

Those are the first 2 fights, with a prime frazier. Regardless if frazier was washed up by the third fight ali still fought him when it mattered. Frazier indeed kicked alis ass in the first fight and almost did in the last fight had he not give up who knows what wouldve happened but thats the point!!! ali fought him win or lose he took on the challenege and didnt wait 7 years.

Ali came out of retirement to face undefeated foreman.

So what if ali said foreman was slow mummy?? He also mocked Frazier.... its called mind games. Ali did it to everyone.... Hell floyd was mocking midget pacquiao and it took him 7 years to fight a congressman already knocked the **** out pacquiao.... and he wants credit for that win...

Did ali axed Foreman to join ali promotion to make the fight happen?
        Did ali axed frazier to leave his promoter?
        did ali axed for random blood and urine tests?
        Ddi ali took 7 years to make either of the 4 fights happen?

All ali fights happened when it mattered. Floyd fights at the "right time", in other words, when the fighters look vulnerable and beatable, floyd fights them.

come on man you know better..... Why am i explaining this to you? you are a good poster... unless u like floyd more than ali then id understand. You know... TBE doe... lol

These Floyd nuthuggers are now trying to discredit every win on Ali's CV

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          It's not that you disagree, it's that your comparison is non-sensical, with about 10 different people explaining it to you and you still don't understand. Plus I dislike the use of alts.
          I've never had an alt here. If anyone's profile appears to be an alt it's yours, with your regarding looking avatar it's difficult to take you seriously at first glance.

Again, some people agreed with me, some people didn't. That's expected when it comes to a Mayweather topic. In the end it boils down to opinion because what we start with are facts (Ali fought Wepner after Foreman, Floyd fighting Berto after Pacquiao (that alone is a similarity)).

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
              I don't think it's that fair that op singles out dreg opponents who still gave him some hard moments mind you, for Ali.

Ali fought bums MAINLY!

Frazier was a bum,
              Norton was a bum,
              Liston, Shavers, Spinks- all these guys were bums!

And alas... Sadly...

These were some of his best wins!

What has been shamefully promoted as a role model resume is in fact pathetic. Absolutely pathetic!
              Junior....the adults are talking, didn't I tell you to clean the basement or I would shut the internet off?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Who had a record of 30-9-2 and Ali was a 10 to 1 betting favorite over. The fight was a joke in every way imaginable BUT Ali just beat the guy who beat him before in Frazier and then TKO's the undefeated killer that everyone thought would knockout Ali in Foreman. So he took a soft touch after. Big deal. No one cares now. No one remembers Ali for taking a couple soft touches between big fights, which he did from time to time.

Berto is essentially Mayweather's Chuck Wepner. Floyd finally beat the guy that so many said would beat him, in the richest fight this sport has ever seen against Pacquiao and now he's taking a softy. I'm not paying $74.95 for it, but I'm not mad about it either.
                we all know why certain people are mad over it. i don't care for the fight either, mayweather is a retired fighter as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
                  Yea but he also fought 4 times that year, two of which were against Ron Lyle and Joe Frazier in the Thrilla. On top of that, Wepner vs Ali wasn't a $75 PPV.
                  Thank you.

Floyd is free to fight Berto, but I don't have to act excited about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X