No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner is Not Looking To Leave 135 Any Time Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
    I've been in the boxing game for years and I'm starting to manage and train fighters. I think I know a little about boxing. Broner has superior defensive skills and he would prevent the other guys from hitting him. Easy fights, real easy fights.

As for Maidana, he got worked by Alelxander, and that's a guy I left out -- Broner would beat Alexander, too. Come on, Paulie? He's been stopped before and his "chin ain't got no better." Finally, what have those other guys done to make you think they are anything other than club fighters.

Broner is special. He's in the league with Leonard, Duran, Sweat Pea, JCC,
    Benitez, and all other great fighters.

Comment

As long as he can make weight there should be know problem with him cleaning out the division before looking to move up. At 23 there is no rush. There are good fights at 135 and just because the people thst dont like him thinks he would lose at 140 doesn't mean he has to move up. In time he will be at 140 and mix it up with those guys.

Comment

140 is too stacked right now. 5 or 6 guys at 140 have a good chance of beating Broner. now I'm not saying they could but it wouldn't be a walk in the park for Broner.

135 is a weak divison right now and the only real threat to him is Miguel Vazquez but nobody is really demanding that fight. Vazquez's style isn't the type of style Mexicans like so they don't really support him like they would a pressure fighter. So Broner doesn't need to fight Vazquez.

outside of Vazquez everybody else is just a look good fight for him. Rees is about as good as anybody else in the divison. I know some people will say Abril but I don't see, maybe that's just me.

130 is a pretty weak divison full of lesser known fighters with the execption of Gamboa. Broner destroys Gamboa IMO but since he's known it'll really up his profile.

Broner is young and has elite talent. it's not really his fault 130 and 135 are so weak.

personally I'd like to see him fight Miguel Vazquez and if he beats him he'll win over some hardcore fans. what I don't want is for Broner to side step Vazquez and wait around until 140 is thinned out then move up. then he's just on some BS.

it's too early to say what's up with Broner. he might actually be telling the truth about wanting to stay at 135 and clean it out but as boxing fans we are always cynical and for good reason.

Comment

Yes Broner is better off staying at where the top guys dont punch too hard.

Comment

hell wait untill Mattyse, Rios, Garcia and the rest move up to 147 than hell enter 140 watch.

Comment

Take it slow Broner, we all see the greatness in you, any one who doesn't is just delusional. One things for sure I know Ricky Burns scared ass is hoping Broner moves up.

Comment

He better hope HBO televise the garbage fights he will have at 135 because if someone wins a purse bid he'll probably be giving that belt up...smart move by Curtis signing Gamboa because that's the only fight I would like to see Broner take at 135 and the only money fight for him I could think of...unless Donaire moves up in the next 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                  The only big dog at 140 is probably Lucas Matt the rest are all garbage bro. 140 might be the most overrated division in boxing right now.
                  i agree......the comp at 140 is WAY overrated. abril boxed bam bams ears completely off. bam bam moves up to 140 & ko's alvarado.

Comment

Only people who are trying to rush Broner Career along are people who don't like him so they want to see him fail so bad

He just got to 135...why should he be in the rush to leave it? I would like to see him Clean it out! Fight Rees, then Abril and if they can get HBO to take the Vazquez fight then fight him also! As long as he fights Top 10 Fights in his Division I don't have a problem with him fighting any of them

He is only 23, still developing and growing as a fighter and will only get better with more fights. He will get to 140 eventually! Al Haymon probably don't want his young talented fighters (Danny Garcia and Adrien Broner) to Clash at 140 so let Danny dominate 140 and Broner dominate 135, then when Danny is done and moves up or if he lose then you move Broner up

Comment

As he should. He will have time to move up in weight. Lets hope the fights that need to happen at 35, actually happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X