• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chum12788
    I think he means technique.
    alright, but foreman had skills.

Comment

Well, Rocky did beat every man placed in front of him. If he had lost to any of those fighters, he'd get disrespected even more than he does now.

49 wins in a row with no defeats in his entire career is difficult to achieve. No matter what the opposition.

Comment

Marciano would have no chance against Foreman and yet Frazier would murder Lennox Lewis? Frazier was a one-handed pudgy Marciano with a worse chin and a poorer defense. I don't like to discredit the greats, and Frazier is one of my favorite champions, but Marciano > Frazier. I think even he would agree with me.

The extra weight on Frazier was fat. Put him at Marciano's bf% and he weighs exactly the same as Marciano. He was not a stronger man by any stretch of the imagination. People who have Marciano caving in one round to Lennox Lewis while announcing that Frazier would fare differently astound me with their biases.
        Armchairhero Armchairhero likes this.

Comment

Frazier did have two-fisted power. He relied on his left hook to lead and finish, but his right hand was just as powerful as his left.
          mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Frazier's right hand wasn't awful, and perhaps it was a bit above average, but it was pretty tame stuff compared to that beautiful left hook.

To put it another way, I think Marciano's left hook was better than Frazier's right.

Comment

marciano's whole arsenal was better than fraziers

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
                Marciano would have no chance against Foreman and yet Frazier would murder Lennox Lewis? Frazier was a one-handed pudgy Marciano with a worse chin and a poorer defense. I don't like to discredit the greats, and Frazier is one of my favorite champions, but Marciano > Frazier. I think even he would agree with me.

The extra weight on Frazier was fat. Put him at Marciano's bf% and he weighs exactly the same as Marciano. He was not a stronger man by any stretch of the imagination. People who have Marciano caving in one round to Lennox Lewis while announcing that Frazier would fare differently astound me with their biases.
                lewis was not a heavy puncher, and frazier was known to do well against big fighters, look what he did to buster mathis!

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles

uh, excuse me? frazier in his prime was 205lbs of pure muscle! he was a slightly skinnier version of mike tyson.

Comment

Lewis was an extremely heavy puncher. His right hand has been one of the most feared punches in heavyweight boxing in the last ten years. Where have you been??

Also Frazier was certainly not all muscle. He was pretty soft all around in terms of his physique. He didn't have a gut or anything, but he wasn't ripped like Tyson or even Marciano at all. Look at how chubby his arms were.

Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Achilles, can you guess who I am?

Comment

Working...
                      X