No announcement yet.

UFC delays Montreal event to avoid Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC delays Montreal event to avoid Mayweather

The UFC, or Ultimate Fighting Championship, is reluctantly pushing the date of its Montreal mixed martial arts event back a week, to May 8, because of a possible conflict with a Floyd Mayweather boxing match.

UFC 113 was scheduled for May 1 at the Bell Centre. Now it seems Mayweather, boxing's biggest draw, and Shane Mosley will fight the same night in Las Vegas.

Not wanting to lose pay-per-view revenue, the UFC opted to delay the Montreal show.

"We were trying not to go the same night as boxing, but these guys can't get out of their own way," UFC president Dana White said in a text message to The Canadian Press.

"I have never seen anything so dysfunctional as boxing. It's a joke."
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2010/...-montreal.html

Smart move

Comment

Ya... Dana White loves boxing.. Don't be fooled people. He just called it a joke.. Mostly because he is pissed boxing didn't even consider UFC as a threat to there revenue.. That's funny.

The only people who have brought up the May 1st conflict are MMA/UFC people.

Comment

Mayweather tear them a new one last time they whent head to head. They learned their lesson.

Comment

wtf does he mean its a joke? He is moving a show because this joke would destory it.

Comment

Pretty much the same thing when Roy Jones ducked Anderson Silva (in a boxing match).

Comment

it is one way of saying. "I want to watch boxing - Dana"

Comment

but i thought UFC was better than boxing and taking over ?

what happened Joe Rogan?

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
                  Pretty much the same thing when Roy Jones ducked Anderson Silva (in a boxing match).
                  Please be kidding????

Comment

Dana White is an idiot but at least he is sucking up his pride and moving the date. Promoters in boxing have never sucked up their pride for the good of the sport. He's probably saying it's a joke because they had the date and now boxing has stormed in. I say fuk off White and deal with it. Boxing isn't trying to be buddy buddy with you and doesn't care about when you schedule your ppvs.

Comment

Working...
                    X