No announcement yet.

How Can Cotto Avoid Getting Turned?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    If cotto wants to prevent the right-hook-roll-under move he's got 2 open up with "the 45" instead of his traditional left hook
    great point.

What about a left hook to Pac's body while using a Kenny Norton style right arm across his face to guard against both Pac's right hook and/or left cross?

Comment

Originally posted by killakali;6639943[B
      ]i am making a statement based on two cotto fights i watched. the clottey and the margarito fights[/B]. I know cotto can deal with speed demons but not on the level of pac. it's not as simple as throwing rights and lefts. if it were so, boxing would have been a simple science.

i'm talking here about effective foot movements, where punches are based on. again, i am not disrespecting your man. i just think that he'll be turned time and time and again by pac whether moving to the left or to the right.

you should watch pac's training video on how he plans to counter cotto's left hook with a blow that land on the latter's gut.
      You should watch more Cotto fights, if you think he can't deal with lateral movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        great point.

What about a left hook to Pac's body while using a Kenny Norton style right arm across his face to guard against both Pac's right hook and/or left cross?
        The "45" should cover both... if the punch is early it will hit pac 2 the body, if the punch is on time it should hit pac on the chin

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
          You should watch more Cotto fights, if you think he can't deal with lateral movement.
          I watched some many training video and he plans to mo to his right and back from the left hook and counter with a one two combo. Roach is trying to get away from the left hook.

Comment

Pacs Cotto strategy should be similiar to the Oscar fight. Pullcounter's right about the 45. I think this is what Nacho was trying to get Oscar to do.

Comment

you watched margarito and clottey fight. Why didn't you watched quintana and judah.
              margarito and clottey are coming forward fighter. Clottey with a very tight defence unlike pacquiao. And margarito a tall pressure fighter with a high volume of punches

Comment

Step over when Pacquiao tries to turn him to block the escape route, use the jab to throw Pacquiao off and don't throw his hooks from too far out, Pacquiao would see them and duck under and out, get closer because throwing the hooks, don't lunge in etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RRICAN View Post
                  pivot fellas ...thats what cotto has to do
                  Thank you I was waiting for someone to type that. The only reason Manny's angles looked so insane and akward against Hatton and DLH and even Diaz was because they had no movement at all, there is no need to even bring up pivoting or Cotto's lateral movement. When Manny punches and goes past them, the always turned their entire body which is horrible horrible foot work. Instead all they needed to do is keep their back foot planted and pivot with arms still up. You not only stay completely balanced, but are still in position to counter and/or put the pressure on Manny. This all comes down to Pac's last three opponents, they've sucked. Not saying Manny isn't good this is a tough tough fight for both guys, but a little lateral movement on Cotto's part and one of Manny's asset's has just been neutralized or at least controlled.

Comment

will clottey learn from cotto's experience?

Comment

Working...
                    X