Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach to train Vanes Martirosyan again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach to train Vanes Martirosyan again!

Feb. 26, 2009
    from Fight News

We are pleased to announce that after a 1-year stay in Houston, Texas, Vanes "The Nightmare" Martirosyan (23-0, 14KOs) has made his return back home to Glendale, CA.
    Vanes is very excited to re-unite with his former trainer Freddie Roach, and ready to start training again at The WildCard Boxing Club in Hollywood, CA.

"It saddens me to leave Ronnie Shields and Houston after a very productive one year run, but my team and I made a tough decision and believe this change will be best for my career at this time" said Martirosyan.

"I cannot thank Ronnie, Brian Caldwell, and Creed Fountain and the rest of the guys at Savannah Gym enough for the many hours they put in with me and for all that I learned during my time there". "I would also like to take time to thank Dr. Albrik Nazarian for being a great friend and mentor during my stay in Houston".

"I do look forward to a fresh start here with Freddie Roach - who I began my pro career with, and can't wait to get in the gym". "This is a very big year for me and I'm now more than ever determined to take it to that next level and make some noise at 154".

I dont know if thats a smart move. being in Gdale = toooo many distractions. Not to mention Roach is busy as fuk right now with manny and Khan.

Comment

Martirosyan seemed to become a better fighter while training with Shields, I don't know how wise this move is.

Comment

Freddie might have a better canvas to work on now, so to speak. They know why they did it, so I give them the benefit of the doubt. I do agree with you guys, Shields was working well and being in Texas couldnt have been too much fun.

Comment

do you ever talk about anything other than vanes? The dude is fuken garbage bro! He's still opening up cards instead of fighting on at least one of the last 4 undercards. He looked like **** his last time out! He's garbage bro, as protected as any fighter out there.

Comment

I think he would improve with roach.most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by roheleo View Post
              do you ever talk about anything other than vanes? The dude is fuken garbage bro! He's still opening up cards instead of fighting on at least one of the last 4 undercards. He looked like **** his last time out! He's garbage bro, as protected as any fighter out there.
              The reason you can see the title of the thread in the forum list is so you can click on the ones that interest you. If you dont care then dont click, its as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingvic View Post
                The reason you can see the title of the thread in the forum list is so you can click on the ones that interest you. If you dont care then dont click, its as simple as that.
                its like a car accident you just cant turn away.

Comment

just like juan diaz chubby gut. right?

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
                    just like juan diaz chubby gut. right?
                    what?????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                    X