No announcement yet.

Woodhouse vs Miles - 8/6/12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodhouse vs Miles - 8/6/12

We have no boxing on the Saturday, 2 cards on the Friday night.

The biggest fight this weekend, from these shores, will be Woodhouse vs Miles which promises to be a war. Former footballer Woodhouse took Frankie Gavin close and is just coming off a win over McArthur. He's no world beater but after having a successful football career he decided to pack that in and compete in a sport he is very passionate about. He's tough and comes with a record of 16-3 against Miles' 12-1.

Miles competed in Prizefighter but was dismissed in the first round after being stopped via cuts. He can definitely bang having stopped some very durable fighters and those fights that have gone the distance have all been close affairs. Woodhouse has never been stopped and his record suggests he packs a bit of pop too, 11 stoppages in 16 wins, this looks like it won't go 10.

Another hard hitting fighter is on the bill, Hosea ' The Hammer ' Burton. At only 23 and under the tutelage of Joe Gallagher, Burton is looking to go far in this sport. Shame the opponent is of poor quality, looks like another 1 round knock out for The Hammer.

Chad Gaynor returns against tough opponent Dee Mitchell. Gaynor fights out of the Ingle gym and has flown under the radar. I don't know much about him but I've had my eye on him since his 4th fight and seen some sparring footage, he looks a good fighter.

The other card doesn't really feature anyone of note, Tommy Coward vs John Wayne Hibbert is the main fight. Neither card is televised, so it's going to be a boring night for us British fans but Pac-Bradley will certainly make up for it.

Was gonna go to the Woodhouse fight, but not for £30 a ticket!

Comment

If the undercard was a bit better, I reckon it would've been worth a punt.

I hope it's uploaded to Youtube.

Comment

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/mil...past-woodhouse

Comment

Blokes a tosser anyway, glad he got bashed.

Comment

Round up of the rest of the card;

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2012/man...otherham-round

Comment

Thank you for links.

Comment

Working...
              X