Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone else rather soccer over baseball as a mainstream sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone else rather soccer over baseball as a mainstream sport?

This thread is really more for American posters..... am I the only one who thinks baseball is the most boring sport in the world next to golf? I mean for the most part during the needlessly long games most of the players are just standing around doing nothing. Most ppls normal jobs are more physically demanding than pro ball. I have tried to watch it and have been to a few Phillies games but can't get into it, its such a snoozefest with almost nothing happening for hours. You wouldn't even have to be in great shape to make it that far in baseball, I am wondering how most Americans find this so interesting?
    Soccer on the other hand has alot of excitement, **** always going on at a high pace and you have to be in great shape to be successful at it. I don't really watch it regularly but may start watching.
    Why has soccer not gained really mainstream popularity in the U.S? It is clearly much better than baseball due to it requiring much, much more athleticism thus making it more deserving of the term sport. Do we just cling to baseball out of tradition really more than it being an entertaining event?

this may sound strange, but id rather watch golf over baseball or soccer.... those two to me are as bad as it gets....

baseball sucks big ones anymore... if they aren't going to have a salary cap then they shouldnt have profit sharing either...

soccer, well, i just can't get into the game, its so long inbetween scores and just loses it for me

thats why i love boxing... it has surpassed the NFL for me, personally...

love it

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
      this may sound strange, but id rather watch golf over baseball or soccer.... those two to me are as bad as it gets....

baseball sucks big ones anymore... if they aren't going to have a salary cap then they shouldnt have profit sharing either...

soccer, well, i just can't get into the game, its so long inbetween scores and just loses it for me

thats why i love boxing... it has surpassed the NFL for me, personally...

love it
      I will agree that, boxing > any sport.

Comment

I like watching baseball but playing it? no.

American Rugby > all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          This thread is really more for American posters..... am I the only one who thinks baseball is the most boring sport in the world next to golf? I mean for the most part during the needlessly long games most of the players are just standing around doing nothing. Most ppls normal jobs are more physically demanding than pro ball. I have tried to watch it and have been to a few Phillies games but can't get into it, its such a snoozefest with almost nothing happening for hours. You wouldn't even have to be in great shape to make it that far in baseball, I am wondering how most Americans find this so interesting?
          Soccer on the other hand has alot of excitement, **** always going on at a high pace and you have to be in great shape to be successful at it. I don't really watch it regularly but may start watching.
          Why has soccer not gained really mainstream popularity in the U.S? It is clearly much better than baseball due to it requiring much, much more athleticism thus making it more deserving of the term sport. Do we just cling to baseball out of tradition really more than it being an entertaining event?
          Taking strong positions like this will only further erode your status as neutrality champion.

Unless you really wanna just be the paper champ.

Change your name to Floyd Mayweather if thats the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
            Perhaps some overweight americans can relate?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Guapo View Post
              Taking strong positions like this will only further erode your status as neutrality champion.

Unless you really wanna just be the paper champ.

Change your name to Floyd Mayweather if thats the case.

Legacy doesn't pay the bills......I will just own some extremely biased tomato can posters and build up my points by posting in my max points thread.

Comment

Baseball is a game of strategy , as long as you have a good pitcher on the mound , the action will be limited , Now soccer , a bunch of guys running back and forth kicking a ball , sometimes not even scoring in a game , that **** ends with a tie.

Anybody can kick a ball , Not everybody can hit a 95 mph baseball. thats just my opinion , baseball over soccer any day , Tennis over soccer any day , I understands it takes discipline and very good shape to play soccer , but the action is also very limited.

Comment

I hate baseball. hate it badly. I don't mind soccer, but I wouldnt watch it.. Not at all. Any sport that the goal is to make a goal just doesnt interest me. Not enough scoring action.

Comment

Originally posted by zalez787 View Post
                    Baseball is a game of strategy , as long as you have a good pitcher on the mound , the action will be limited , Now soccer , a bunch of guys running back and forth kicking a ball , sometimes not even scoring in a game , that **** ends with a tie.

Anybody can kick a ball , Not everybody can hit a 95 mph baseball. thats just my opinion , baseball over soccer any day , Tennis over soccer any day , I understands it takes discipline and very good shape to play soccer , but the action is also very limited.
                    Dungeons and Dragons is a game of strategy too but not fun to watch.....I am just wondering how anyone can sit there for hours where next to nothing happens and when its all over want more and be excited for the next game......to each his own I guess though

Comment

Working...
                    X