Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another cop shoots an innocent, unnarmed man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and where is squealpiggy to defend the cop ?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      That's absolutely ridiculous. How many cops do we have in this country? And out of that number, how many shoot unarmed people without a lawful reason to do so? I'd wager it's a miniscule amount.

As to how you handle future encounters with police, you're not being so unreasonable. When I took Driver's Ed in HS (and I went to an upper middle class HS) we were taught how to behave when stopped. Either put both hands on the steering wheel or out the window and do not reach for anything unless instructed to do so by the officer. I've always followed those rules, and I've never been shot at. And for the last few years I've always carried a gun in the car I'm driving.
      Another thing to consider is that cops know nothing about the people they stop. Call me what you will, but I'd be pretty nervous if my work day consisted of interacting with people who I know nothing about except for the fact I've pulled them over for breaking a law.

They don't know if the person they stopped is armed or not. They don't know if the person they stopped is a dangerous felon or a wanted fugitive. They don't know if the people in the car are engaged in criminal activity and have vowed to not be taken alive. That's a severe disadvantage to be in. The person being stopped knows the cop is a cop, but the cop has no idea about the person they've stopped. They are far from perfect, but cut them a little slack. They do a job the vast majority of us either could not, or would not, do.
      It's not just about the shootings, it's the general attitude of the police and their lack of respect and even understanding of OUR rights.

Also, not to turn this into a race thing but are you brown or black, because that's something different all together.

You ever been through what LAPD call a "Fukwith". It's not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
        "he reached for his wallet aggressively" WTF !?!
        When I first watched it, I did think he moved quickly but saying it's aggressive is a stretch. You don't shoot someone for complying with an order. Are these cops trained to assume that every black man has a gun and is ready to shoot a cop?

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
        and where is squealpiggy to defend the cop ?
        I was going to say the same but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Comment

That's absolutely ridiculous. How many cops do we have in this country? And out of that number, how many shoot unarmed people without a lawful reason to do so? I'd wager it's a miniscule amount.

As to how you handle future encounters with police, you're not being so unreasonable. When I took Driver's Ed in HS (and I went to an upper middle class HS) we were taught how to behave when stopped. Either put both hands on the steering wheel or out the window and do not reach for anything unless instructed to do so by the officer. I've always followed those rules, and I've never been shot at. And for the last few years I've always carried a gun in the car I'm driving.
          Sorry, what butt **** town do you live in that they have no information on the person they pull over? Where I live they have a computer system in the car that tells them who you are, what charges you might have, what crimes you've committed and detailed accounts of any encounters you've had with police. Meaning if you're hostile, pleasant, angry they know. All of them might not be shooting people but they sure as hell will lie to protect the piece of **** who does. They have piss poor training and shouldn't be on the street longer than a few years, it turns them into monsters.

Comment

if you do get pulled over, i don't suggest that you do what you were talking about in the OP.

shut your car off, put your keys where the cops can see them, and don't make any crazy sudden movements. you'll be fine.

i'm not at all one to subscribe to the belief that cops are perfect, but they're ceratinly not all trigger happy and looking to shoot people. most of them are decent people, and just want to make a paycheck, be productive in the world, and go home to their families.

Comment

i've been pulled over once in the last 10 years. my registration sticker didn't come in the mail, and i was pulled over. i showed the cop a confirmation number that i got in an email. he ran my information, and sent me on my way. i ddin't even have my license on me at the time.

i don't look like a criminal [the way i used to when i had a beard and long hair,] but i don't look like a saint either.

i said "yes sir," and "no sir." i turned my car off, put my keys on the dash, and kept my hands where they could be seen. it was very obvious that these things instilled confidence in the policeman. not only was he no longer on guard, he was friendly, and didn't give me a ticket in spite of the fact that i was driving without my license card on me.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Sorry, what butt **** town do you live in that they have no information on the person they pull over? Where I live they have a computer system in the car that tells them who you are, what charges you might have, what crimes you've committed and detailed accounts of any encounters you've had with police. Meaning if you're hostile, pleasant, angry they know. All of them might not be shooting people but they sure as hell will lie to protect the piece of **** who does. They have piss poor training and shouldn't be on the street longer than a few years, it turns them into monsters.
                I didn't say they have no information at all. I said when they first stop a person they have no information about them. The only the info they have is in regards to the vehicle's registration. And the registered owner is obviously not always the person driving the car.

They first have to approach a complete stranger they know nothing about before they get the ID they use to run the computer check. Get it now?

Comment

cops undertake a huge risk when they pull somebody over. they don't know you're a decent person, and they can't treat everybody like they do. you might have felony warrants, and be willing to shoot them to keep them from going to prison.

police work just isn't like other professions.

Comment

I didn't say they have no information at all. I said when they first stop a person they have no information about them. The only the info they have is in regards to the vehicle's registration. And the registered owner is obviously not always the person driving the car.

They first have to approach a complete stranger they know nothing about before they get the ID they use to run the computer check. Get it now?
                    Majority of the time the person driving is the name they pull off the plate. So your assertion that, "they first have to approach a complete stranger," is ridiculous. You make it seem like they're potentially pulling over some member of los zetas every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      It's not just about the shootings, it's the general attitude of the police and their lack of respect and even understanding of OUR rights.

Also, not to turn this into a race thing but are you brown or black, because that's something different all together.

You ever been through what LAPD call a "Fukwith". It's not fun.
                      You are confusing the cops who enforce the laws with those who passed the laws in the first place.

Take this specific case, for example. The victim here was stopped for not wearing a seat belt. It wasn't the cops who took the right to not wear a seat belt away from us, it was the elected politicians who passed that law who don't respect our rights.

If you don't like seeing your rights taken away, vote for those who respect our civil rights. Complaining about the cops won't fix this problem. They only enforce the laws, they don't write and pass them into law.

And yes, I've been messed with when I was younger. I had an attitude, and drove some nice, fast cars. It happens. I still drive fast cars now, but my attitude has changed. And I don't get hassled. I still get stopped from time to time, but I've found that with a better attitude I'm not hassled and I tend to get more warnings instead of tickets.

Comment

Working...
                      X