Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree or disagree with this article?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree or disagree with this article?

http://www.si.com/boxing/2015/12/16/...ampaign=boxing

Neither agree nor disagree.

The HOF is totally irrelevant in the year 2015.

Comment

No, Camacho, Pintor and Zapata shouldn’t be inducted.

Jose Sulaiman and Sylvester Stallone already are. If IBHOF wants to keep its credibility, it should induct more businessmen and actors, and skip all boxers!

Comment

First I will rate the fighters
        1 camacho /longevity/quality of opposition and ability to fight in different weight classes effectively as he aged
        2 pintor/quality of opposition /toughness and chin
        3 zapata speed(Sorry really did not see him fight
        As far as the HOF based on previous elections both camacho and pintor belong
        The article is degrading to all three

Comment

You are obviously a BOxrec geek who knows **** all about Boxing history. The three fighters nominated to be inducted this year, are legendary fighters. But you who knows absolutely nothing aout boxing, who has taken a look at Boxrec, seen the defeats and thought. shytE... it is typical of you and your kind who infest this forum. Let us start with Hector Camacho. a truely incredible gifted fighter. Camacho would be an even money bet to defeat Floyd Mayweather, should they mythically have a match-up. I can recall Camacho back in the early 1980s wining the world super-featherweight title from Bazooka Limon. Limon being an incredible fighter, who fought in the greatest fight in boxing history. (Chacon vs Limon 4).. I watched Macho Camacho's first defence of his title, when beating Rafael Solis (the whip). Camacho was a fantastic boxer. Hector then moved up in weight to win the Lightweight title, from the excellent Jose Luiz Ramirez 95-5, Macho succesfully defended against El Chapo Rosario and Boza Edwards. Two fighters who would be undisputed champions today. Camacho then fought the fantastic Olympic Champion Howard Davis Jr. before gaining his third world title from the comebacking Boom Boom Mancini. Defences against the 3 times world champion Vinny Paxienza and power-punching, slug-fest loving Tony Baltazaaar added to Camacho's greatness. Hector went on to fight Greg Haugen, Chavez, Trinidad in close decision bouts. He wound off his career with victories over Duran and Leonard who were both favoured to defeat the Macho Man... Hall of fame worthy?... You bet!

As is Lupe Pintor and Carlos Zaparta who i sadly dont have the time to put into words their excellent careers. But are every bit as worthy as Hector Camacho is of being inducted.

fights to watch:
          Pinto vs Zarate
          Pintor vs Owen

The poster of this thread should be ashamed of himself, as it is like asking, should Duran, Leonard & Benitez be inducted into the IBHOF.... would he question their credentials?.. but again, what does he know about boxing? **** all

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            The poster of this thread should be ashamed of himself
            Nah, he shouldn’t. He just informed us about the piece of **** Sports Illustrated writer Chris Mannix delivered.
            Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
            The article is degrading to all three
            It definitely is.
            I believe most of us on this forum think that Camacho, Pintor and Zapata were greater men than Mannix will ever be. If you want to notify Sports Illustrated and Mannix about your opinion, here’s the address:
            http://www.si.com/contact
            Last edited by Ben Bolt; 12-19-2015, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Yes, agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                Nah, he shouldn’t. He just informed us about the piece of **** Sports Illustrated writer Chris Mannix delivered.

It definitely is.
                I believe most of us on this forum think that Camacho, Pintor and Zapata were greater men than Mannix will ever be. If you want to notify Sports Illustrated and Mannix about your opinion, here’s the address:
                http://www.si.com/contact
                I agree with them being hall of famers too. But I also agree with the sentiment that people shouldn't just be inducted every year to fill a quota and that higher standards need to be met for induction.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  You are obviously a BOxrec geek who knows **** all about Boxing history. The three fighters nominated to be inducted this year, are legendary fighters. But you who knows absolutely nothing aout boxing, who has taken a look at Boxrec, seen the defeats and thought. shytE... it is typical of you and your kind who infest this forum. Let us start with Hector Camacho. a truely incredible gifted fighter. Camacho would be an even money bet to defeat Floyd Mayweather, should they mythically have a match-up. I can recall Camacho back in the early 1980s wining the world super-featherweight title from Bazooka Limon. Limon being an incredible fighter, who fought in the greatest fight in boxing history. (Chacon vs Limon 4).. I watched Macho Camacho's first defence of his title, when beating Rafael Solis (the whip). Camacho was a fantastic boxer. Hector then moved up in weight to win the Lightweight title, from the excellent Jose Luiz Ramirez 95-5, Macho succesfully defended against El Chapo Rosario and Boza Edwards. Two fighters who would be undisputed champions today. Camacho then fought the fantastic Olympic Champion Howard Davis Jr. before gaining his third world title from the comebacking Boom Boom Mancini. Defences against the 3 times world champion Vinny Paxienza and power-punching, slug-fest loving Tony Baltazaaar added to Camacho's greatness. Hector went on to fight Greg Haugen, Chavez, Trinidad in close decision bouts. He wound off his career with victories over Duran and Leonard who were both favoured to defeat the Macho Man... Hall of fame worthy?... You bet!

As is Lupe Pintor and Carlos Zaparta who i sadly dont have the time to put into words their excellent careers. But are every bit as worthy as Hector Camacho is of being inducted.

fights to watch:
                  Pinto vs Zarate
                  Pintor vs Owen

The poster of this thread should be ashamed of himself, as it is like asking, should Duran, Leonard & Benitez be inducted into the IBHOF.... would he question their credentials?.. but again, what does he know about boxing? **** all
                  Where did I say they weren't legendary fighters or didn't deserve induction? Nowhere, that's where.

The part I agreed with is that random boxers shouldn't just be inducted in the hall in order to make their 3 fighter a year quota.

You're the one who should be ashamed of yourself, with the prejudiced drivel you post plus making bold claims that you fail to back up. Still waiting on that program stating Corrie Sanders as a potential Lewis opponent. Didn't see it on Google or Google images.

Comment

He's dead wrong on Zapata.

Comment

Working...
                    X