Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mares-Moreno date changed to November 17th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I wouldn't miss a Gamboa/Dirrell card to watch Mares vs The Boxingscene fake ass top 10 P4P fighter. The only reason Canelo-Lopez will get more viewers than Martinez-Chavez is because 1. It's free, and 2. it has a better undercard. But this one, they'll fail hard, not that many people will miss Gamboa/Dirrell comeback fight.
    If they put their event on NBC it has a pretty good chance of outdoing Mares-Moreno on Showtime which not everybody pays for. Meanwhile, NBCSports is free.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      Would you rather them battle for TV dates by bringing the best fights to the networks, or having all promoters in cahoots and agreeing to continue the status quo of putting on mismatches on convenient dates for everyone? Competition is what drives ppl to do their best right, let the people decide what they want to watch if two good fights are happening on the same night
      But why does it have to be like that? It's possible to have a solid GB card on one Saturday, and then a solid TR card on the following Saturday. The only fans who benefit are those who have both Shotime and HBO, or those who can find streams of both telecasts. But even then, who really wants to channel surf with boxing?

If TR and GBP really wanna compete, then do it for PPV #'s.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 08-23-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        But why does it have to be like that? It's possible to have a solid GB card on one Saturday, and then a solid TR card on the following Saturday. The only fans who benefit are those who have both Shotime and HBO, or those who can find streams of both telecasts.

If TR and GBP really wanna compete, then do it for PPV #'s.
        I have both, I'm just annoyed because this puts the Gamboa/Dirrell card in jeopardy of being pushed back or something.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I have both, I'm just annoyed because this puts the Gamboa/Dirrell card in jeopardy of being pushed back or something.
          Or called off cause Salgado just fought and might not have enough time to rest/prepare for Gamboa if they try to do an earlier date.

Comment

If TMT can still make the card on an earlier/later date, then I have no problem with it. But if they're dealing with some sort of time constraint, then it's clear that GBP is trying to sabotage them.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Or called off cause Salgado just fought and might not have enough time to rest/prepare for Gamboa if they try to do an earlier date.
              I also read a week ago that if Gamboa-Salgado goes through, the winner would have until the end of January to fight Aregenis Mendez, the mandatory for the IBF title. So if it gets pushed back to December, Salgado may just skip Gamboa and fight Mendez to keep his title. Could have sworn I read that in a thread a week ago or so.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                If TMT can still make the card on an earlier/later date, then I have no problem with it. But if they're dealing with some sort of time constraint, then it's clear that GBP is trying to sabotage them.
                I also read a week ago that if Gamboa-Salgado goes through, the winner would have until the end of January to fight Aregenis Mendez, the mandatory for the IBF title. So if it gets pushed back to December, Salgado may just skip Gamboa and fight Mendez to keep his title. Could have sworn I read that in a thread a week ago or so.
                According to the BScene article they can't do any later cause the winner has to fight Mendez.

Unless TMT throws some step aside money to Mendez so that Salgado-Gamboa can fight and then he fights the winner. This is my suggestion or what we could hope for if the event has to be pushed back.

Comment

Who promotes Salgado?

Edit: Hector Garcia is the promoter. I was about to say, if GBP is his promoter, then they win regardless.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 08-23-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    According to the BScene article they can't do any later cause the winner has to fight Mendez.

Unless TMT throws some step aside money to Mendez so that Salgado-Gamboa can fight and then he fights the winner. This is my suggestion or what we could hope for if the event has to be pushed back.
                    Well maybe Golden Boy will pick November 10th on SHO, which is open. Than, Gamboa can fight Salgado on the 17th, and return to fight Mendez 9-10 weeks later hopefully. Then go to 135.

This new Golden Boy idea to low ball everyone else is just weak as f**k, and annoying.

Comment

Well maybe Golden Boy will pick November 10th on SHO, which is open. Than, Gamboa can fight Salgado on the 17th, and return to fight Mendez 9-10 weeks later hopefully. Then go to 135.

This new Golden Boy idea to low ball everyone else is just weak as f**k, and annoying.
                      Yea, I might just end up boycotting Top Rank AND GB...

Comment

Working...
                      X