Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
    Can anybody translate?
    "I understand the respect that Mayweather has given me and has given my career, I earned, I have worked to make this happen. He highly appreciated the manner in which I tried to face the fight, but on May 5 we will see who is the winner, "said Cotto.

Zero loose ends
    Cotto's camp acknowledges that face Mayweather Jr. will not be easy.

However, the trainer Pedro Luis Diaz argues that the Caguas has the inner fire necessary to overcome the undefeated American fighter.

"Michael has been a great competitor lifetime. I have not really felt it difficult to work with. I think that among us there is a combination to achieve our goal, "Diaz shared.

Therefore, Cotto has undergone an unconventional coaching style.

"When we're in the gym, establishing a work plan is discussed and performed. You have to perform and if there is no discipline to do so is breaking the equation for victory, "he said.

Diaz and Cotto have a close line of communication. "Michael really comment things that do not have to know other people, even the team itself. These are personal matters. The relationship between athlete and coach tends to be very ethical. There are some things about the tactics that should be only in her mind of the coach and competitor, "said Diaz.

The duo has had to be creative to find a free space where the HBO cameras are not present while recording images for the series 24/7.

"Sometimes we run together to talk things where there is no microphone in between, we are alone and say things that are necessary to close things," said Diaz.

Cuban coach is confident that the efforts yield the expected results against Mayweather Jr.

"We have worked on a tactical plan with certain language that only we understand Michael and me. It is a language of combat, work area, a boxing pad. No need to know another person. It may be that at some point we changed a number or a zone, but only two of us understand it. This is a sport where the hands are directed by the brain. A strong body combined with a strong mind is invincible, "he said.

No pressure
    Diaz, on the other hand, has been responsible for Cotto cast a cold eye, determined to achieve what 41 other opponents have failed against Mayweather Jr.

"For me it is one more bout. Sometimes you feel great pressure in the Olympics where you have to be alert to several boxers, but really the philosophy is the same. A coach at each corner and two boxers in the ring. We're used to that, so I really know that we will be facing a great fighter with a great corner, but I'm sure we'll come for the victory as it comes, "he said.

Diaz also declined to reveal any weaknesses in Mayweather.

"Man is invincible that you see in the movies. That does not exist. Have been many other boxers and coaches to treat, but we will take the unbeaten on 5 May, "he said.

Comment

• Hope Cotto brings his A game, I hate to go against this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by spsomething View Post
        i like how they were working on floyds shell defense. its about 4:30 into the video. looks like diaz wants him to just straight up hammer floyds left arm and chest when he goes into it.
        i think theyre gonna attack floyds body since his head wont be an easy target

Comment

• same way he did when he walked into that Pac uppercut that dropped him and basically ended the fight

Comment

• Extremely impressed by Diaz as a trainer. Pushing Cotto harder than Steward IMO.

Diaz seems to have a very good idea of what he wants Cotto to do.

They look more in-tune then the lead up to the Margo fight.

Mayweather will know he was in a fight IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teri View Post
              "I understand the respect that Mayweather has given me and has given my career, I earned, I have worked to make this happen. He highly appreciated the manner in which I tried to face the fight, but on May 5 we will see who is the winner, "said Cotto.

Zero loose ends
              Cotto's camp acknowledges that face Mayweather Jr. will not be easy.

However, the trainer Pedro Luis Diaz argues that the Caguas has the inner fire necessary to overcome the undefeated American fighter.

"Michael has been a great competitor lifetime. I have not really felt it difficult to work with. I think that among us there is a combination to achieve our goal, "Diaz shared.

Therefore, Cotto has undergone an unconventional coaching style.

"When we're in the gym, establishing a work plan is discussed and performed. You have to perform and if there is no discipline to do so is breaking the equation for victory, "he said.

Diaz and Cotto have a close line of communication. "Michael really comment things that do not have to know other people, even the team itself. These are personal matters. The relationship between athlete and coach tends to be very ethical. There are some things about the tactics that should be only in her mind of the coach and competitor, "said Diaz.

The duo has had to be creative to find a free space where the HBO cameras are not present while recording images for the series 24/7.

"Sometimes we run together to talk things where there is no microphone in between, we are alone and say things that are necessary to close things," said Diaz.

Cuban coach is confident that the efforts yield the expected results against Mayweather Jr.

"We have worked on a tactical plan with certain language that only we understand Michael and me. It is a language of combat, work area, a boxing pad. No need to know another person. It may be that at some point we changed a number or a zone, but only two of us understand it. This is a sport where the hands are directed by the brain. A strong body combined with a strong mind is invincible, "he said.

No pressure
              Diaz, on the other hand, has been responsible for Cotto cast a cold eye, determined to achieve what 41 other opponents have failed against Mayweather Jr.

"For me it is one more bout. Sometimes you feel great pressure in the Olympics where you have to be alert to several boxers, but really the philosophy is the same. A coach at each corner and two boxers in the ring. We're used to that, so I really know that we will be facing a great fighter with a great corner, but I'm sure we'll come for the victory as it comes, "he said.

Diaz also declined to reveal any weaknesses in Mayweather.

"Man is invincible that you see in the movies. That does not exist. Have been many other boxers and coaches to treat, but we will take the unbeaten on 5 May, "he said.
              thanks.....

Comment

• Cotto looks as slow as he always has , he never trains intensely and fights in the same drone way he trains , no wonder he slows over the later rounds he doesnt train above fight pace and he needs too .

Comment

• what's their plan for when Floyd comes forward? Cotto's gonna get punished he's too slow.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAW View Post
                    what's their plan for when Floyd comes forward? Cotto's gonna get punished he's too slow.
                    Simple, to knock his ass out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      Go get a massage or something. Your panties are way to far up your arse right now

I've been whuppin this 1) dumb, 2) out of shape, 3) ugly skank's ass for years now! Learn how to spell you dumb c.unt before you can even dream of responding to me. Hahahaha! Mexicans are vastly underappreciated on BoxingScene. We're taken for granted:****you::****you::****you:

Comment

Working...
                      X