Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor Dictates To Mayweather: You Need Me, I'm in Control!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McGregor Dictates To Mayweather: You Need Me, I'm in Control!

UFC featherweight world champion Conor McGregor rejected rumors of receiving an offer of $50 million for a fight with former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.

[Click Here To Read More]

$7m if that's what was in the pipeline is peanuts but just a negotiation ploy. The 50-50 split wouldn't work though and Mcgregor knows it. He's a good fighter but Mayweather would obviously comatose him

Comment

Conor is correct, Floyd was calling him out and needs him more than Conor needs Floyd.

But I think Dana White is negotiating through Conor and the media. If UFC is really going to sell in the summer, they are looking to cash out, this interview was done before the 50 million flat rate rumor came out, but that would be reasonable for a spectacle of WWE magnitude like this.

It will sell well over 3 million buys. I also heard Cyborg she wants to box on the undercard as well and UFC is looking to put Holly Holm on the card, a Boxing MMA hybrid but with MMA fighters boxing that fight combined with the UFC and Mayweather brands will sell over 3 million buys, the biggest problem is going to be the money splits.

No one else will get Floyd that type of money in boxing, except a Pacquiao rematch. Floyd refuses to give Pac a rematch. So who else is there

Plus Floyd wouldnt have the upper hand anymore in negotiations with Pacquiao, Floyds PPV didnt do great either, just like Pacs they were both super low.

So financially his best bet is try and strong arm negotiate a lions share profit with McGregor but problem is McGregor is not a desperate dog, he is smart himself and knows Floyd is trying to play him for a fool like the other boxers before Pacquiao, McGregor has a huge name bigger than Ortiz, Berto, Guerroer so he is not going to take 7 million to 100 million that would make no sense but Floyd took a shot to see where Conors business mind is at, other guys like Danny Garcia, Ortiz and others would have taken that deal easy, but Conor knows his worth and status so he isn't stupid.

So Now I think Floyd threw out the 50 million flat fee, Conor will probably take a guarantee of 15 million and ppv back end. Pac didnt take that 40 million flat fee either and rightfully so.

Comment

Delusional... Floyd could fight Thurman or Garcia and make a cool 50 million

Comment

The funny thing is, this guy just got his hype job ass whooped by Nate Diaz in his own sport, a guy who only had one week to train. Yet this dude is getting absurd figures thrown his way, a chance and ridiculous money he absolutely does not deserve, and he's trying to dictate terms.

Let him go get destroyed by RDA for a million dollars then and become irrelevant.
          Last edited by _original_; 05-22-2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

He's talking $100 million, I'm also talking $100 million
            I so called it in that thread about the rumored $50m offer. I said he probably wouldn't take it, even if thought it's a career high payday, because he'd feel like he was getting played and being treated as the B-side.

Same reason Pacquiao could refuse a $40m offer. It's not really a big offer in their minds when the other guy stands to make substantially more.
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-22-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Yeah, sure he does...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                The funny thing is, this guy just got his hype job ass whooped by Nate Diaz in his own sport, a guy who only had one week to train. Yet this dude is getting absurd figures thrown his way, a chance and ridiculous money he absolutely does not deserve, and he's trying to dictate terms.

Let him go get destroyed by RDA for a million dollars then.
                Does not deserve? you got Mayweather chasing you, when did Floyd chase fights? Conor is a smart guy he knows Floyd wants him and needs him to make money, so of course he can play hardball.

Why wouldn't you? Floyd did it too you cant blame Conor for doing it, its smart for him to try. Without Floyd he will still earn his 7 million in UFC, Floyd is the one who needs Conor and has been chasing him saying ill only come out for McGregor.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Does not deserve? you got Mayweather chasing you, when did Floyd chase fights? Conor is a smart guy he knows Floyd wants him and needs him to make money, so of course he can play hardball.

Why wouldn't you? Floyd did it too you cant blame Conor for doing it, its smart for him to try. Without Floyd he will still earn his 7 million in UFC, Floyd is the one who needs Conor and has been chasing him saying ill only come out for McGregor.

Actually conor is chasing floyd, he said last year that a cross over fight between him and floyd would do over half a billion.

Comment

For someone who didn't wanna speak to the media and instead train, he sure does seem to speaking to the media a bit

Comment

Working...
                    X