Comments Thread For: Canelo Drills Khan With Brutal One-Punch Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
    i agree khan gets ten times the amount of respect compared to canelo

lets face take that one punch that knocked khan out away and canelo was getting absolutely schooled, khan won every round, imagine if khan actually had serious power canelo wouldve been in trouble...

lets see how canelo does against someone like GGG someone his own size and who has power of their own
    Khan didn't win anything but rounds 1 and 2.

Much like Garcia, it took 2 rounds to adjust to the speed then it was a matter of time. Canelo took control of the ring, was banging the body, made Khan's legs wobble, cut him and then finished him.

Khan was in it for 2 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      Khan won nearly every round. Canelo's stock went down shockingly. He knocked Khan out cold, which he should have but he looked terrible most of the fight. Maybe he was bored. I guess the fight did it's job. Thst was a beautiful shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

Khan was not winning that fight, stop letting emotions cloud your judgment.

He won the first 2 rounds, as soon as Canelo adjusted to the speed it was purely a matter of time. He took control of the ring, was landing big to the body and breaking Khan down.

It was about to be 4-2 Canelo, but he sent Khan to orbit instead.
        Agreed.

WTH were people watching? Khan stopped throwing in the third round.

Canelo was timing him from that point on.

Comment

• LMFAO at Canelo saying all the right things but never committing to the GGG fight VERY CLEVER!

Comment

• Originally posted by Furn View Post
            Had 11 people here watching. Most going for Canelo.

They all had Khan winning the first 5 rounds.
            Bro, no. Khan might have done reasonably well considering he was in over his head but he was getting steadily overrun from 3-5.

Comment

This is the problem with Canelo fights. Just because he's the bigger puncher doesn't mean if he lands a few body punches he wins the round. What's going to happen when he fights GGG and isn't the harder puncher?
              He was landing bigger shots and more shots.

After round 2, Khan landed nothing but a couple of jabs and one or two arm punches. What did Khan do after the 2nd round?

Comment

Khan was not winning that fight, stop letting emotions cloud your judgment.

He won the first 2 rounds, as soon as Canelo adjusted to the speed it was purely a matter of time. He took control of the ring, was landing big to the body and breaking Khan down.

It was about to be 4-2 Canelo, but he sent Khan to orbit instead.
                I had it 3-2 Khan and Canelo winning the 6th before the stoppage. I can see it being 3-2 Canelo. But I can't see it being 4-1 like Trowbridge card.

Comment

• I'm surprised people haven't caught on yet. With Khan it's always "he looked so good before the knockout". Or " if he can fight smart for 12 rounds he can win".

Comment

Im not even surprised at all at those pathetic scorecards. Trout, Floyd, Cotto, Lara all had bad cards. Canelo looked pretty bad up until the KO. I thibk we can all agree on that.
                    He didnt look bad he was inching closer the early rounds were all about distance and Khan is no Mayweather , Amir couldnt get any further away as soon as the pace slowed and the gap shortened just a little that was all it took , I think most expected Canelo to lose the early rounds no surprises here .

Comment

Khan didn't win anything but rounds 1 and 2.

Much like Garcia, it took 2 rounds to adjust to the speed then it was a matter of time. Canelo took control of the ring, was banging the body, made Khan's legs wobble, cut him and then finished him.

Khan was in it for 2 rounds.
                      mate i actually dont even like khan much but i can admit he was outboxing canelo and making canelo miss

this fight for the real boxing fans makes canelo look bad because he knocked out a smaller guy that was kinda 'expected' of him to do that but he got outboxed

the casuals will buy into it as an amazing performance but the hardcore fans know canelo will be in deep waters against someone like GGG and to clarify i dont even really like GGG that much lol

Comment

Working...
                      X