No announcement yet.

Sonnen/Belfort made.. Wanderlie Silva Done in UFC says Dana White

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
    UFC is fuking up. Scrap the Belfort-Sonnen fight nobody wants to see it. Still time to remake the Wand-Sonnen fight.

How have the UFC phucked up?

Silva dodged out of a test.. even if you believe his excuse (which is pretty unbelievable).. it's not good enough.. you can't do that.. and he will get a punishment and wouldn't be licensed for the fight anyway

As for the excuse he was at the gym.. he had trouble speaking/reading english.. it's plausible. However he is in a gym in America.. not brazil.. what no one understood English in an american Gym? and why he couldn't stck round and wait for his lawyer to turn up...?

Also like Wand has never had to undergo testing?

You have to be a bit gullible to believe this excuse i am afraid

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
      How have the UFC phucked up?

Silva dodged out of a test.. even if you believe his excuse (which is pretty unbelievable).. it's not good enough.. you can't do that.. and he will get a punishment and wouldn't be licensed for the fight anyway

As for the excuse he was at the gym.. he had trouble speaking/reading english.. it's plausible. However he is in a gym in America.. not brazil.. what no one understood English in an american Gym? and why he couldn't stck round and wait for his lawyer to turn up...?

Also like Wand has never had to undergo testing?

You have to be a bit gullible to believe this excuse i am afraid
      Well said. Wand saying in this video is ill take the surprise test, just give my body time to get clear of the peds

Comment

This just in. Sonnen / Belfort could also be scrapped. Looks like Belfort failed a drug test and has to explain this to the NSAC before he can get licensed to fight Sonnen. Since he was licensed to use TRT at the time of the test, it may not be relevant, but it is the NSAC we are talking about so who knows? Anxious to see what comes out after this hearing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...133735770.html
        Last edited by Dixie Normis; 06-04-2014, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Wandy is scared of Sonnen and rightfully so Chael would make quick work of him. At least Belfort/Sonnen is a legitimate fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
            Belfort/Sonnen will be at 205.. possible for the MW title shot..

Silva ran from a random drug tests when they turned up (literally)..

And had refused to get himself licensed

I honestly think he had no intention of fighting Chael and that the random drug test brought things forward.

Puts his stuff in Pride under suspicion imo.. guy look roided up as it was.. he comes to the UFC and is an absolute can... + he dropped to 185...

What do you guys think of the new match up and Silva?

TBH i wouldn't mind to see Rampage destroy him in Bellator..
            I honestly think this is the best thing that could happen to him. Wanderlei is obviously still capable of knocking someone out, as he always will be, but he is way past his prime at this point and would only serve to be a mid-tier gatekeeper from here on out anyways. I hope he just takes this as a sign to throw in the towel.
            Last edited by Dixie Normis; 06-06-2014, 07:38 AM.

Comment

I would certainly hope so as well, but doubt he'd want his career to end like this so he'll probably want to fight one more time and retire, which I hope he does.

Comment

You can't judge Wandy and PRIDE because of Wandys lack of success in the UFC. At the point he fought Liddell he had already been in some of the most brutal fights in MMA and Vale Tudo. Hell he was knocked out brutally in back to back fights from a Hendo punch and Cro Cop kick which are two of the most devastating punches in combat sports and both fights were fight of the year candidates for that year. He is obviously past it and has been so for a very long time.

This is very unfortunate. I'd just like to see Wandy-Bisping 2 and have Wandy retire after KOin that punk. Would have loved Chael-Silva but it just isn't meant to be.

Comment

Any UFC fan getting on their little righteous high horse and taking the high moral ground about roids in the UFC is a ****ing idiot. They are so prevalent that if you slag off one guy, you're probably slagging off all your favourite fighters too. 99% are on something. It's that simple. They have lax testing, and if White didn't have to test, he most certainly wouldn't.

Anyone here a fan of Hendo? Sonnen? Belfort? Every other fighter in the UFC? Well, then you're a fan of someone who takes roids, so jump down off your high horse.

Comment

Meh. Never liked him. I understand he has a whole history with Pride and I've watched several of his fights from back then, he had a savage clinch for someone who wasn't a Nak Muay.

He always had a sloppy haymaker style though with his punches, completely turned me off.

Comment

Working...
                    X