No announcement yet.

Why does Donaire win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
    I don't know guys.. I see them pretty even in handspeed and power, Donaire left hook is the best weapon but will be harder to land than Rigo's devastating straight. Defense and boxing skill = Rigo by a mile
    One of the only legit posts ive seen!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Break it down for me as to how Donaire wins as tbh I am shocked 95% are backing Donaire.

Break it down a little more than ''Rigo is chinny''
      Tell me what I am missing here. Is it because he momentarily got shaken by Marroquinn and Donaires knocked over a load of tin cans with no defense?

Help me out here.
      Dan, It is a combination of ???? about Rigo's punch resistance and his chin combined with Donair's devastating power. Like you I feel Rigo is a far superior boxer to Donair although Donair is also a really good boxer just IMO Rigo is far more skillful.
      Donair has the kind of power where a fighter is not the same for the rest of the fight after he has unloaded a devastating left hook bomb. Not only is he powerful but his punches seem to shock and alter his opponents if they don't take them out altogether. Rigo has very good power also especially on his left but it is not as Devastating as Donair's. The feeling is that Rigo will be cruising along then bang Donair unloads that game changing left and Rigo wobbles around and Donair just steps in and finish off the cracked wreckage. THere is a very real chance that this will happen at some point although I believe Rigo's defense is exceptional and he is so elusive that he may avoid this and I see Donair who is open to be hit will be marked up by Rigo's superior fast straight punching.
      There are questions about Rigo's chin and also whether he really has made the full transition from amateur to pro mentality and fight management wise. His resume as a pro is not great we have not seen meaningful fights where we can fully determine where he is really at as a pro. I think he is pretty well the real deal as a pro although I don't feel the transition is complete yet if it ever does get complete. He was hard wired as an amateur and resetting fully as a pro in his case is a tall order but I feel he has more than enough to cause Donair huge problems and defeat him.
      This is a great fight between 2 great fighters. Donair has far more pro experience ,hits far harder and is obviously really good. Rigo is far more elusive ,with subtle slick hidden defensive skills and is pretty well one of the most complete technical boxers in todays game but that devastating Donair left hook can change everything with one shot especially when Rigo has a suspect chin.

Comment

Of the two fighters I genuinely believe Rigo is the better all found fighter technically and fundamentally, but for me it's exclusively based on his chin and his ability to protect it for 36 minutes against a fast and explosive, heavy hitting guy with good reach.

Donaire is kind of a one trick pony, a big left hook. Everyone knows its his money shot....BUT everyone still seems to get tagged by it and when they do, it usually makes them do all sorts of funny things. Rigo's chin has left me in no doubt he can't absorb it without doing funny things

I'm going to even go out and say the master boxer Rigo is going to fall foul to the punch he knows Donaire is going to rely on, that big left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Break it down for me as to how Donaire wins as tbh I am shocked 95% are backing Donaire.

Break it down a little more than ''Rigo is chinny'' I understand he has more experience as a pro but I haven't really heard a legitimate argument for why he wins.

Tell me what I am missing here. I just can't see it and tbh with the amount saying Donaire, I am starting to feel I am crazy. I legitimately feel Rigondeaux is going to not just beat Donaire but beat him in one sided fashion.

Is it because he momentarily got shaken by Marroquinn and Donaires knocked over a load of tin cans with no defense?

Help me out here.
          When Donaire smashes rigo you better be hailing him the P4P no. 1 you puto.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
            One of the only legit posts ive seen!
            You think all Donaire has fought is tomato cans, yet those cans have had better careers on their own than all of Rigo's resume's careers put together. Shut the fuck up.

Comment

Working...
            X