Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPEN-SCORING being used in TAYLOR-OUMA FIGHT???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPEN-SCORING being used in TAYLOR-OUMA FIGHT???

I heard a lot about this?

true or not?

Undercards or main event?

And heres an idea for it.

Why dont they just say who each judge has winning? And NOT the actual score...

Comment

Originally posted by kfootball15 View Post
      And heres an idea for it.

Why dont they just say who each judge has winning? And NOT the actual score...
      that sounds better

Comment

It should just quetly be shown in a ticker on the bottom of the screen and not said out loud so the fighters dont find out. Thats the only flaw imo.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingguy1226 View Post
          It should just quetly be shown in a ticker on the bottom of the screen and not said out loud so the fighters dont find out. Thats the only flaw imo.

The problem there would be that the crowd in attendance would not know who was winning.

They only tell the scores after the 4th and 8th rounds. Not every round. people seeem to not like the idea but I think that it is great. Imagine it this way. The heavyweight champ of the world is down by two going into the last round and needs a KO. He is swinging for the fences. If the other fighters start to run scared, many times they get into trouble.

Comment

But does anyone know if itll be used on the HBO card this saturday?

Comment

But does anyone know if itll be used on the HBO card this saturday?
              Its a WBC thing right? So it would only be used when that titles at stake.And yeah Im pretty sure theyre using it for Ouma-Taylor.

Comment

Open scoring blows...really bad for boxing.
                IMO at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonafide View Post
                  Open scoring blows...really bad for boxing.
                  IMO at least.
                  Well we've never seen it in use.

It goes both ways.

We will see how it works. I like the idea, i just dont like how its being executed

Comment

Well we've never seen it in use.

It goes both ways.

We will see how it works. I like the idea, i just dont like how its being executed
                    Only reason why I dont like it is cuz some "soft" fighters out there and I dont wanna name names but if they know they are ahead come the championship rounds they may choose to get on there bicycle and run a marathon ( making for boring championship rounds ) for the last 3 or more rounds. Thats all I'm pretty much worried about.

Comment

Working...
                    X