Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much money on average does a forum owner make?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember...Tbear has a forum or 2...he would probably have better insight.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      If I remember...Tbear has a forum or 2...he would probably have better insight.
      I haven't had a forum or worked a boxing forum for awhile. I'm retired (). The only site I am on staff now is a torrent site. The boxing forum I had barely covered site fees aside from the occasional donation. None of the forums I worked for were nowhere near as large as boxingscene or as well known. Someone mentioned advertising, that is where real profit comes from, to my knowledge.
      Last edited by TBear; 02-16-2013, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        I haven't had a forum or worked a boxing forum for awhile. I'm retired (). The only site I am on staff now is a torrent site. The boxing forum I had barely covered site fees aside from the occasional donation. None of the forums I worked for were nowhere near as large as boxingscene or as well known. Someone mentioned advertising, that is where real profit comes from, to my knowledge.
        I think the sites that make the most money on the net are in the adult sites.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          I think the sites that make the most money on the net are in the adult sites.
          All the sites that offer membership, including the adult sites. I think rapidshare and megaupload made more money selling premium accounts than they did with advertising. But I'm just assuming this.

Comment

Working...
          X