No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado On Prescott Win, Future Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Alvarado On Prescott Win, Future Title Shot

Undefeated junior welterweight contender "Mile Hile" Mike Alvarado made a recent appearance on The Boxing Lab, Boxingscene.com's official audio show. Alvarado is coming off of a knockout victory over Breidis Prescott on the under card of the Manny Pacquiao’s controversial points win over Juan Manuel Marquez last Saturday.

"Mile High" was trailing on all three scorecards when he was able to knock out his opponent in the 10th and final round. He feels that part of the reason he got off to a slow start is because he didn't come out with his usual aggressive style.

"He thought I would start out fast like I always do but I wanted to start out boxing and using my jab to throw him off a little bit," Alvarado told The Boxing Lab. [Click Here To Read More]

Fights I would like to see Mike in.

Maidana
    Matthysse
    Paris
    Vargas

Plenty of competition.

Comment

Not impressed been saying it for a while now. Dude was getting outclassed by prescot. I was more impresed and would like to see prescot again.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Fights I would like to see Mike in.

Maidana
        Matthysse
        Paris
        Vargas

Plenty of competition.
        He looses to all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
          Not impressed been saying it for a while now. Dude was getting outclassed by prescot. I was more impresed and would like to see prescot again.
          Alvarado crushes Vargas and can hang with any of those fighters.

Go ahead and watch the dude who got TKO'd.

Comment

He looses to all of them.
            Mike beats Paris and Vargas.

And he could beat Lucas and Maidana.

Comment

Khan should fight Prescott. He just lost another one.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Alvarado crushes Vargas and can hang with any of those fighters.

Go ahead and watch the dude who got TKO'd.
                Haha dude got outclassed by presscot. Vargas and paris are much. Vargas might be a toss up. Dude gets beat up by the argentines

Comment

Haha dude got outclassed by presscot. Vargas and paris are much. Vargas might be a toss up. Dude gets beat up by the argentines
                  He let Prescott burn himself out and he came on late.

It was the obvious game-plan.

Why do think Mike had so much energy in the last two rounds.

Both Argentine's are his size. Prescott is 5'11 with long arms.

Different styles. He's the same size as Maidana and Matthysse.

Comment

Alvarado struggles with someone who can keep his distance and box very well, which is what Prescott did the first 4-5 rounds. But, Alvarado won rounds 5-9 going into the last one. Alvarado should always press the fight, cut the ring, and make it an inside fight.

Alvarado get's UD by Bradley and Khan, but he would beat Vargas. We'd have to see how Paris does, but I am not impressed with him yet. The guy has fought absolutely no one, not even an opponent in the top 10 at 140.

Alvarado has plenty of legit fights at 140 though: Vargas, Paris, Garcia, Matthysse, Maidana, etc.

All Maidana does is come forward and bang, which is what Alvarado does best as well. Alvarado-Maidana would be a war.

Wouldn't mind seeing Alvarado get his title shot against Morales.

Comment

Working...
                    X