Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The draining of Shawn Porter: Has a fighter overcome worse odds before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The draining of Shawn Porter: Has a fighter overcome worse odds before?

Hagler's performance vs Ray Leonard, where he came within a round of overcoming Ray Leonard, the ref, a blatantly bought crooked judge, as well as slowing down and wear and tear, springs to mind but the draining of Shawn Porter by Broner's team and Haymon has to take the cake for the worst odds ever stacked against a fighter.

What an absolute disgrace that was. They shaved 3 pounds off of a fighter that once fought at middleweight, Jesus Christ. And still my boy Porter comes through and lays the smack down on that foul buffoon for Cincy.

Has anyone ever pulled an A-side fight rigging worse than Broner on Porter like that only to be whooped before?

I'd say Marquez putting Pacquiao to sleep after not getting a fair shake in three prior fights comes to mind.

Comment

shawn porter said himself he felt fine and wasn't drained what soever so miss me with that bs excuse

if anything broner was out of his element with that cw after having fought at 140 for his previous coupole fights

Comment

Maidana Floyd 1 comes to mind. Put Maidana in powerlocks instead of mx's, and Chino still kicked Floyd's ass.

Comment

This was the 1st fight where the drained fighter (Porter) actually won. In all other cases of catch weights, the fighter who demanded the catch weight was the one who ended up winning.

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
            This was the 1st fight where the drained fighter (Porter) actually won. In all other cases of catch weights, the fighter who demanded the catch weight was the one who ended up winning.
            Delahoya/Hopkins and Martinez/Williams 2

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I'd say Marquez putting Pacquiao to sleep after not getting a fair shake in three prior fights comes to mind.
              Refer to sig for the awesome punch that ****s deemed as a "lucky" punch doe.

Comment

Working...
              X